Windows 10: Help with downloading Windows 10 from Windows 7

Discus and support Help with downloading Windows 10 from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not sure what are where my 25 digit Product key is on this sticker. See attachment. 148458 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wba2965, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Wba2965 Win User

Help with downloading Windows 10 from Windows 7

Not sure what are where my 25 digit Product key is on this sticker.

See attachment.

:)

Wba2965, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 15, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Help with downloading Windows 10 from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Help downloading

2. I need help. I restarted windows but keept the files, and downloading drivers for the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help. I restarted windows but keept the files, and downloading drivers for the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/QuietWolf96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/es91sl/i_need_help_i_restarted_windows_but_keept_the/
  3. I need help to auto receive and downloading latest updates from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help to auto receive and downloading latest updates from Microsoft: I need help to auto receive and downloading latest updates from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates/0db8b6ca-e61b-4934-b469-5dcc648b81a7
  4. Windows 7 to 10 download fail on first restart please help!

Windows 7 to 10 download fail on first restart please help!: Hey all, I need your help to upgrade my windows 7 to 10. but when I do I get this error after the first restart: Windows 10 upgrade: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 error, if this is any help, here is the panther/setupact.log I'm not sure what I'm looking for in this.. please help me...
  5. I never downloaded world of tanks and when I try to uninstall it I get this error. Please help

I never downloaded world of tanks and when I try to uninstall it I get this error. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kittyloverblazeit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ems1tp/i_never_downloaded_world_of_tanks_and_when_i_try/
  6. Trying to download win 10 to flash drive. This keeps happening. Plz help

Trying to download win 10 to flash drive. This keeps happening. Plz help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheBlaze_3104 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efavxt/trying_to_download_win_10_to_flash_drive_this/
  7. Unable to download.jar files on windows 10 and they just download as notepad please help

Unable to download.jar files on windows 10 and they just download as notepad please help: submitted by /u/thebest6660666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ebq5hi/unable_to_downloadjar_files_on_windows_10_and/
  8. bought game from store, cannot get microsoft to help with error in download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought game from store, cannot get microsoft to help with error in download: my wife bought me a game from the microsoft store, and when I tried to download it to my pc, it keeps giving me an error code, and I cannot seem to find anyone at microsoft to help me. I am sure a more computer savy person might know what the problem is, but if microsoft...
  9. Help changing Adm Address and Getting out of Microsoft S Mode, aka cannot download Chrome etc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help changing Adm Address and Getting out of Microsoft S Mode, aka cannot download Chrome etc: I got my wife a pc, I messed up the administrators email not spelled correctly, the PC I got is Microsoft 10, when it gets an email address email to send to me to verify, it shows the wrong address, hence I messed up...
  10. Desperately in need of help with clean Windows 10 download...

Desperately in need of help with clean Windows 10 download...: Hi everyone, I'm losing my mind. I bought a new laptop a few months ago and the hard drive crashed completely from what I assume is malware. I bought a new hard drive, downloaded Windows 10 from the website to a USB stick, and thought I had it all figured out. Not quite....