Windows 10: Help with dual monitor setup SOLVED

Discus and support Help with dual monitor setup SOLVED in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am currently bypassing my laptop's display and projecting it to a big screen via hdmi. I'm trying to set up an additional smaller monitor via VGA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by frank1985, Feb 22, 2021.

1. frank1985 Win User

Help with dual monitor setup SOLVED

I am currently bypassing my laptop's display and projecting it to a big screen via hdmi. I'm trying to set up an additional smaller monitor via VGA output. When trying to extend the display from my monitor 1 to monitor 2, the picture is being sent to my laptop. How do I send to the VGA output? So I basically want simultaneous HDMI and VGA outputs. Is this possible?

:)

frank1985, Feb 22, 2021

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

dual monitors

Hello Kimberly,

Firstly, make sure that your graphic adapters supports two displays at one time. Ifyou're trying to setup dual monitor, I suggest that you check out this support article:
    Dual monitor setup in Windows 7.

Hope this information helps you, feel free to post back if you need further help.

Carlo Fer, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Help with dual monitor setup SOLVED - Similar Threads - Help dual monitor

2. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor setup: I have upgraded my GPU and no longer have a DVI port now 1x HDMI & 3x Display Port so I bought a VGA to DP cable. My second and older monitor is VGA connection and had an adaptor for VGA to DVI. Both monitors are working, but the older monitor is classed as 1 now and not 2....
  3. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor setup: I have upgraded my GPU and no longer have a DVI port now 1x HDMI & 3x Display Port so I bought a VGA to DP cable. My second and older monitor is VGA connection and had an adaptor for VGA to DVI. Both monitors are working, but the older monitor is classed as 1 now and not 2....
  4. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dual monitor setup

Dual monitor setup: I am trying to set up two different screens, but the settings aren't detecting the other monitor. I am using a hp dms 59 to dual vga y split cable adapter, and it doesnt seem to work....
  6. Dual monitor setup help.

Dual monitor setup help.: Hi, I am having an issue with my PC setup. All was working fine until a few weeks ago and it just started all of a sudden. I am running two screens one is 1080p and my main monitor is 2560x1440p. The problem is when I run a game on my main monitor my second monitor...
  7. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup: I am trying to connect (2) ACER X183h monitors to my computer (Windows 10). The ACER monitors are VGA connected to a dual VGA --> HDMI adapter. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI port. The computer does not have a VGA port. I've tried to hit the "detect" button on a second...
  8. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...
  10. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup: I have had a dual monitor setup for at least a year now with no issues on either monitor. A month ago, I decided to buy a new monitor and I set my wife up with my old monitor so she could use a dual monitor setup for herself. I plugged the monitors in and it booted up just...