Windows 10: Help with emailing an excel worksheet

Discus and support Help with emailing an excel worksheet in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Saxon, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Saxon Win User

Help with emailing an excel worksheet

Hello, all

I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task.

Quite simply, all I want to do is write a macro to email a saved excel workbook. I have found plenty of information on-line but I always hit the same problem: I keep getting the annoying message telling me that there is no email program associated to complete the task. I have, repeatedly, checked my email settings and looked into the innards of the registry but nothing has helped. In desperation, I wrote a different macro using Hyperlink to email the workbook; this seems more promising but I don't know how, automatically, to attach the workbook or insert an email heading. I'm using Windows 10, Version 1909.

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful

:)

Saxon, Dec 28, 2020

2. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C.
    Suggestions?

metromiami74, Dec 28, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    Excel Worksheet in Drive G

If you saved the worksheet on C drive in Excel, that's where it will look for it. If you moved it to drive G (even by accident), Excel is still looking for it at the last known location where you saved it. If you open Excel and navigate to the location on the G drive where you know it is, then open it, and "save as" to the original location on the C drive, Excel will know where it is, and you will be able to open it next time from within the Excel program.

simrick, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

Hello @Saxon,

[1] So are you saying that you can NOT send the Workbook as an attachment?
    [2] What web client are you using?
    [3] Is it Hotmail, Outlook, GoogleMail, etc?
    [4] Doesn't Office have a facility to email a Workbook. Something like File > Save & Send > Send Using E-mail in Excel?
    [5] As an example, I use Yandex [ FREE ]. It allows me to upload a file from my computer and then gives me a link which I can share with the recipient. I have used it for years. Although I very rarely use it, it serves me well when the occasion arises.
    [6] Does this help? => VBA Code: Send Current Workbook as Attachment from Excel

Just a thought.

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Help with emailing an excel worksheet - Similar Threads - Help emailing excel

2. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  3. Excel worksheet suddenly stops responding to keyboard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel worksheet suddenly stops responding to keyboard: I have Office 365. In one Excel file which has several worksheets, one of the worksheets alsways the same one will suddenly not respond to the keyboard. If I go to another worksheet in the file and type, the keyboard works, and it then works on the worksheet that was not...
  4. microsoft excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft excel worksheet: I had an update on my windows 10 program last couple of weeks and when I check all of my files they lost them where are all of my files you lost? I had a tech trying to scam what do I do when I lost all of my personal; files including the Microsoft excel spreadsheet....
  5. EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING: Hi, I am trying once again to get an answer to what appears to be a simple request but I cannot solve it. I have 12 excel worksheets on my desktop (windows 10) they are labelled January through to December but each time I edit one of the worksheets I save it and it goes to a...
  6. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  7. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  8. Excel worksheet from pc to tablet

Excel worksheet from pc to tablet: I am running latest window update. 64 bit. I often prepare excel worksheets on my pc. The files are syncing OK but when I make updates on my pc, they do not update on the tablet. What am I not doing. 112960
  9. Updating excel worksheet from pc to tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating excel worksheet from pc to tablet: I am running latest window update. 64 bit. I often prepare excel worksheets on my pc. The files are syncing OK but when I make updates on my pc, they do not update on the tablet. What am I not doing. 112960
  10. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

Excel Worksheet in Drive G: I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C. Suggestions? 55292