Windows 10: Help with file sharing

Discus and support Help with file sharing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone I’d like some help, I’m having issue with Windows file sharing where I wanna share just my video files on my home network b everytime I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dyson007, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Help with file sharing

Hi everyone I’d like some help, I’m having issue with Windows file sharing where I wanna share just my video files on my home network b everytime I go to set one up it creates a file named user with every folder on my pc in it can’t for the life of me figure it out and Google’s been no help.

submitted by /u/Dyson007
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dyson007, Dec 4, 2019

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Akumos Win User
    File Sharing

Ermmm, where are the files stored? Server or one of the machines you listed?

Should be easy enough to help you through the forum, you may not need a help site.

Akumos, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Help with file sharing

Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Help with file sharing

1. Help with file sharing - Similar Threads - Help file sharing

2. Need help sharing files on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help sharing files on home network: I have a home private network. It works fine when I use the laptop to view files on the desktop, but when I try to use the desktop to view files on the laptop, I get a window to enter my network credentials to connect to the laptop. The desktop is brand new and came with...
  3. Need help sharing files on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help sharing files on home network: I have a home private network. It works fine when I use the laptop to view files on the desktop, but when I try to use the desktop to view files on the laptop, I get a window to enter my network credentials to connect to the laptop. The desktop is brand new and came with...
  4. Sharing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing files: I have a W10 desktop and a W11 laptop. How can I share desktop files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files/c73bb97c-8457-4fe1-bd14-8ade362f9d49
  5. Sharing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing files: I have a W10 desktop and a W11 laptop. How can I share desktop files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files/c73bb97c-8457-4fe1-bd14-8ade362f9d49
  6. File sharing help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File sharing help: Hi everyone, I've switched from mac to windows, and one thing I need is airdrop. I want to set up a file server on my windows PC to share 1 folder locally. I would like to connect to it from my iPad with the files app. My iPad needs an IP address to 'connect to a server'...
  7. Nearby sharing file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nearby sharing file sharing: I have been trying to get nearby sharing to share files between my two computers. Everything seems to be set as required. When I select the share tab I can see my other computer. I select it and it says the file is being sent but same old messages appears, the computer you...
  8. sharing files

sharing files: how do I synchronize file information on two computers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files/ecc8e2c9-0b2b-45c6-98d3-7903fbb4ffe8"
  9. (HELP!) Problem with LAN file sharing/transfer

(HELP!) Problem with LAN file sharing/transfer: I have two PC's running Windows 10. One of them is my main computer used for browsing, gaming w/e, and the other one is basically a storage unit where I keep all big files and folders such as a movie collection of about 1.7tb and so on and so forth. Now, both these PC's are...
  10. File Sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Sharing: How do you file share in a home network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sharing/9187bd18-efeb-4ed6-ae66-5c140cf91e44"