Windows 10: Help with Fingerprint login

Discus and support Help with Fingerprint login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had set up fingerprint previously on this account for my laptop. Then I reinstalled windows several times. But now if want to set fingerprint on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by abirhasanmubin, Sep 8, 2018.

1. abirhasanmubin Win User

Help with Fingerprint login

I had set up fingerprint previously on this account for my laptop. Then I reinstalled windows several times. But now if want to set fingerprint on my device it says fingerprint is associated with another account. How can I set up my fingerprint and how to remove previous fingerprints ...........

:)

abirhasanmubin, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 8, 2018
  3. musical9 Win User
    Cannot login with fingerprint keyboard attached after recording a fingerprint

Thank you. Before trying your suggestion, I'm hoping to hear results from someone who has recorded pins for two accounts and fingerprint for one of them and whether the login process works as intended after restarting. All the while with fingerprint Type
    Cover attached.

I'd rather not make time-consuming system adjustments without confirmation that the procedure can resolve this particular issue.

musical9, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Mohan Suryanarayan Win User

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Help with Fingerprint login - Similar Threads - Help Fingerprint login

2. fingerprint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint: im npot able to set up fingerprint in my dell Vostro 3468 coz windows hello is not available in my device. can u help me out to set up windows hello? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/fingerprint/bf43d903-6b37-47f9-a3be-66577cdae4e1"
  3. Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login

in Windows 10 Support
    Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login: Hi, Been set it up facial recognition/fingerprint (windows hello) in our domain join machines (Windows 10 1607/1709). After Restarting or shutdown the machine, the options for both are not showing as options in first windows login screen. only the normal windows login. But...
  4. fingerprint not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint not working: Used the fingerprint to open the computer for a couple of weeks and now says I need to actually sign in. The question is not how but why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fingerprint-not-working/e3f78db7-d02b-46b3-8059-a6c18a66ffeb
  5. Login Screen Help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login Screen Help: I recently built a gaming tower for my nephews to share. It's running Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything works fine, but I'm having trouble getting the login screen to act like I want it to. The system has three total accounts. One for each of them, and the Administrator account...
  6. Help with login

Help with login: Hi All. Just set up a family user account for my Son with his outlook account. Its all activated but when he goes to log in with his password it says " you must be online the first time to complete your account setup" there is an internet connection, so what's going on?...
  7. use fingerprint as default login option

use fingerprint as default login option: everytime i boot my laptop.. i am greeted by enter PIN... i need to click sign in option then pick fingerprint everytime i need to login. is there a way to make fingerprint as my default way to login?... 19023
  8. Can't login, help

Can't login, help: I've restarted, used the on-screen keyboard, and the rest of it too, but I can't login. (I'm using an insider update, so that's why I've posted it here. 0h0be19PE0U 95578
  9. Help with login

Help with login: Just set up a family user account for my Son with his outlook account. Its all activated but when he goes to log in with his password it says " you must be online the first time to complete your account setup" there is an internet connection, so what's going on? Appreciate...
  10. Fingerprint login when working from home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fingerprint login when working from home: With windows 8.1, using the Lenovo software that came with my work laptop, once I used the fingerprint login method at least once at work, I could also use it at home. With Windows 10, using the Microsoft-provided fingerprint registration tool, I can't login using the...