Windows 10: Help with Fingerprint login

Discus and support Help with Fingerprint login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had set up fingerprint previously on this account for my laptop. Then I reinstalled windows several times. But now if want to set fingerprint on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by abirhasanmubin, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Help with Fingerprint login

I had set up fingerprint previously on this account for my laptop. Then I reinstalled windows several times. But now if want to set fingerprint on my device it says fingerprint is associated with another account. How can I set up my fingerprint and how to remove previous fingerprints ...........

:)

abirhasanmubin, Sep 8, 2018

2. Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 8, 2018
  3. musical9 Win User
    Cannot login with fingerprint keyboard attached after recording a fingerprint

Thank you. Before trying your suggestion, I'm hoping to hear results from someone who has recorded pins for two accounts and fingerprint for one of them and whether the login process works as intended after restarting. All the while with fingerprint Type
    Cover attached.

I'd rather not make time-consuming system adjustments without confirmation that the procedure can resolve this particular issue.

musical9, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Help with Fingerprint login

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Help with Fingerprint login

1. Help with Fingerprint login - Similar Threads - Help Fingerprint login

2. Access Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Fingerprint login: Following my latest update, it seems the fingerprint login has been deactivated. Settings says that the fingerprint and facial recognition are not currently available". It was working perfectly prior to the update. I don't know how to get Windows to recognize that it is on my...
  3. Access Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Fingerprint login: Following my latest update, it seems the fingerprint login has been deactivated. Settings says that the fingerprint and facial recognition are not currently available". It was working perfectly prior to the update. I don't know how to get Windows to recognize that it is on my...
  4. Help with fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with fingerprint: The fingerprint scanner says it's unavailable and wants to work sometimes in a blue moon then stops working. Tried the device manager options and credential manager. When I look at sign-in options it says that they cant detect a fingerprint scanner. Nothing has worked. Any...
  5. Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint login: Hello trying to get finger print login to work again. Yesterday it was working fine today it isn't. I can't get anything to work what do i do? I cannot even get a hold of anyone with microsoft on this matter over the phone and there is no dust in my finger print scan spot. I...
  6. Fingerprint login not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint login not working: Hi, everytime i try and login through bio metrics, it says "somthing went wrong and our end". Its been doing this for about a month now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-login-not-working/00c298d4-58ef-4b70-a1d0-704bb8c50e82
  7. Fingerprint login problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint login problem: Hello everyone, i own a Dell G5 and from two weeks ago i can't use the fingerprint login, because it says: "this option is currently unavailable", then when i open the fingerprint settings it says: "something went wrong, try again later" and i can't add another or remove...
  8. Login fingerprint and PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login fingerprint and PIN: My computer won't let me use my fingerprint of PIN to log in. When I hit "Forgot my PIN" I get a second screen that is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-fingerprint-and-pin/2f342603-fca3-4073-8bb5-495038c85926
  9. fingerprint login not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    fingerprint login not working: Hello, My computer is only about 2 months old (ver 1909). A couple of days ago, my fingerprint reader suddenly stopped working. I've deleted the original scan and tried to re-set it up, but the scanner isn't even looking at my fingerprint. How can I fix it? EDIT - I fixed it...
  10. Fingerprint Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Login: I got a new Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL and the fingerprint login stopped working after a day. I get a message saying "your credentials could not be verified" It looks like the scanner is fine. It lights up and recognizes my account but then give me the error above. I then have to...