Windows 10: Help with folder "sorting".

Discus and support Help with folder "sorting". in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically I have this pictures folder that has many sub-folders. I want to have this whole folder with the sub-folders "Sorted by date. (Ascending)" I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FireStarJutsu, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Help with folder "sorting".

Basically I have this pictures folder that has many sub-folders. I want to have this whole folder with the sub-folders "Sorted by date. (Ascending)"
    I tried to go into View>Folder Settings>View and apply to all, but that just applies it to my whole computer. I want it just for this folder.
    Thanks!

submitted by /u/FireStarJutsu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FireStarJutsu, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Favourites Folders -alphabetical sorting within each Folder

Hi Neil,

Let me provide you now the steps on how to to sort your folders in alphabetical order.

This method will allow you to arrange your favorites by alphabetical or by their numbers.

Here are the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Favorites.
    • Right-click on Favorites Bar.
    • Right-click on the Favorites folder.
    • Click on Sort by, then select Name and
      Ascending

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Help with folder "sorting".

Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after recent update when you sort the files by Date Modified, the folders are listed at the bottom. We would like to know which update was installed on the computer, to check go to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.

However, you can go ahead and try the following steps and see if that helps in listing the folders at top:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where your files are stored.
    2. Sort files by Date Modified (Recent files first).
    3. Hold Shift key and click on the
      Name
      column. This will bring folders at the top with files sorted with Date Modified.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Help with folder "sorting".

1. Help with folder "sorting". - Similar Threads - Help folder sorting

2. Sort by folder icons?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort by folder icons?: So, silly question.Can you sort by folder icons?Why?Dropbox recently disabled my account and they allow you to store files online or offline. The online files have an icon with a grey x over them.I had a local storage of Dropbox files but there are online and offline files...
  3. Sort by folder icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort by folder icons?: So, silly question.Can you sort by folder icons?Why?Dropbox recently disabled my account and they allow you to store files online or offline. The online files have an icon with a grey x over them.I had a local storage of Dropbox files but there are online and offline files...
  4. Sort by folder icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  6. Sort Folders Function

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sort Folders Function: Any way to sort Folders, not files by file size without installing any apps? If not, any apps reddit would recommend? submitted by /u/NunyaBidnizz68 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln4rtx/sort_folders_function/
  7. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  8. Sort FOLDERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort FOLDERS: Hi everyone !!! a very good day to U. so I wanted to sort out my files and folders, where I found out that there is no way to sort my FOLDERS(!). with files like pics or docs it was very easy.I even added tags to some of my pics so that i can sort them according to my...
  9. Sort within folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort within folders: Windows 10 anniversary version. When I sort "by date" within a folder that contains many subfolders, the sub folders are all at the top and I need to scroll down quite a bit before I come to the most recent file - which is what I really want to find. That's a nuisance....
  10. Sort Files in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort Files in folders: Win 10 won't let me move photo files in a folder. Help please*Mad 51885