Windows 10: Help with Forcing Windows to Output to HDMI instead of Internal Display while in Logo...

Discus and support Help with Forcing Windows to Output to HDMI instead of Internal Display while in Logo... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I need to Reset my laptop. However, my laptop's internal display is broken so badly that I can't see anything on it. The problem is that when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BTheEPIC, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Help with Forcing Windows to Output to HDMI instead of Internal Display while in Logo...

So I need to Reset my laptop. However, my laptop's internal display is broken so badly that I can't see anything on it. The problem is that when Windows resets, it shows different screens, like the Windows logo "Resetting this PC" screen/reset-this-pc-removal-process-windows-10-56a6fadc3df78cf772913fda.png). These screens ignore the HDMI display plugged in, and only output to my broken laptop display. I need it to show on my HDMI display so that I can watch the progress and stuff.

How can I force Windows to output the Windows logo screens to my external display instead of the internal laptop screen? I'm assuming this will require me to unplug the display from the inside of the laptop, but any easier methods would be great! I will gladly answer any follow-up questions that you have!

submitted by /u/BTheEPIC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BTheEPIC, Nov 26, 2020

2. Force Display Output via HDMI Port

Windows 10 Question: The goal is to display two screens (same video screen) from the computer to two projectors for a presentation using Power Point Slides. Attaching to one projector works fine, but when I attach a HDMI splitter to hook up the second
    projector, the computer no longer detects the display and will use the HDMI port as an output.

Thus, can you force a video output from the HDMI port using Windows 10.

MS KY User, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Force Intel HDMI Audio Output Possible ?

Nope its fully intel's side , its even part of the control panel of intel to display weather the device is audio capable or not where if not the hdmi hardware audio output in device manager is disabled and if it is it enables hdmi hardware audio output . so like you see you can't set it to default output to hdmi audio in sound properties since the device wouldn't be enabled in first place .

And P.S you can't enable hardware hdmi audio output in device manager on your own , as once the driver decide the plugged TV/Projector/Monitor isn't audio capable the hardware side of intel acts as if unplugged .

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 26, 2020
  4. spapakons Win User

Help with Forcing Windows to Output to HDMI instead of Internal Display while in Logo...

Force Intel HDMI Audio Output Possible ?

I don't think it's Intel, probably Windows try to determine if the monitor has audio capabilities (TV) or not (plain PC monitor). If it doesn't have, then it doesn't output the audio to HDMI but plays through the computer speakers instead. The quality of the cable has nothing to do with it. If Windows cannot determine the capabilities of the device it might have (I guess) a database of known devices which of course are mostly well-known brands. If your device is OEM and not in the database Windows prevents audio output to be on the safe side. You can however right-click on the speaker icon on the task bar, select Sound Settings and then make the HDMI output default. This should force HDMI audio regardless of the monitor capabilities. The same can be done from Intel Graphics Properties in audio section.

spapakons, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Help with Forcing Windows to Output to HDMI instead of Internal Display while in Logo...

1. Help with Forcing Windows to Output to HDMI instead of Internal Display while in Logo... - Similar Threads - Help Forcing Output

2. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  3. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  4. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Video Display port force output on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Display port force output on Windows: Hello,I am wondering if it is possible to make a Windows PC output on a video connection without the "Auto detect" or "output enable" features that they have unless there is another feature that I don't know about. DVI and HDMI use 3 digital lines for Video, 1 for syncing all...
  6. Video Display port force output on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Display port force output on Windows: Hello,I am wondering if it is possible to make a Windows PC output on a video connection without the "Auto detect" or "output enable" features that they have unless there is another feature that I don't know about. DVI and HDMI use 3 digital lines for Video, 1 for syncing all...
  7. hdmi output

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi output: i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/aa63273e-1a66-495a-b272-d3d32d8495fb
  8. usb-c for hdmi display output

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb-c for hdmi display output: Do I need to set up usb-c port, to use to display second monitor? My display is not found, when hooked up to usb-c port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-for-hdmi-display-output/4b118a9c-059e-4827-a2ac-fe46c9c3aa00
  9. Audio output while connected with HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio output while connected with HDMI: I'm connected to a projector with an HDMI cable and want to use the audio output from the computer to connect to a local PA system. The default is that when HDMI is connected, the computer audio port is disabled. How do I enable it?...
  10. Force Intel HDMI Audio Output Possible ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Force Intel HDMI Audio Output Possible ?: This post is to document yet another flow I observed in Intel Graphics Driver (any) in my laptops . My observation is that on connecting an HDMI cable , only international brands are detected to be HDMI audio capable devices and instantly start playing audio on those...