Windows 10: Help with glitching mouse pointer when connected to a VPN in a RDP session.

Discus and support Help with glitching mouse pointer when connected to a VPN in a RDP session. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using Windows10 Pro and every time I connect to a remote desktop session my mouse pointer glitches slightly and the loading circle pops up every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iconicsquirrel0, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Help with glitching mouse pointer when connected to a VPN in a RDP session.

I am using Windows10 Pro and every time I connect to a remote desktop session my mouse pointer glitches slightly and the loading circle pops up every second or so. This as you can imagine is maddening after about 30 seconds. I have already disabled the WDDM graphics display driver within my local group policy editor with no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/iconicsquirrel0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iconicsquirrel0, Oct 22, 2020
  2. JimGing Win User

Server 2016 Essentials RDP session - no keyboard or mouse

After installing the latest build 14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161014-1755 I'm having this problem.

When reconnecting to a previously disconnected but running desktop session, after authentication I receive a black screen and shortly thereafter the session quits with the following error:

"Failed to reconnect to your remote session.

Please try to connect again."

This behavior is the same with MS RDP client in both Windows 10 and Android MS RDP client version 4.2.

If I connect from Linux the behavior is slightly different. Here I am able to connect to the session and see the desktop but I'm not able to get a response from keyboard or mouse. It's as if the session is not listening for input. The session remains
    alive (animations continue to update e.g. clock) until I disconnect.

So far the only way I'm able to restore normal RDP session behavior is to reboot the server.

JimGing, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Oct 22, 2020
  4. dhegler Win User

Help with glitching mouse pointer when connected to a VPN in a RDP session.

VPN Connections in WM 6.1 (RDP as well)

I received a new HTC Touch Diamond to demo, with WM 6.1 installed. I want to control a server from it through the data connection from Sprint. I d/l'ed the RDP client, installed it, and set up the VPN connection. Problem is now, I have absolutely no
    idea how to initiate the VPN connection! I feel like an idiot, but after searching around, I noticed several others on other forums could not either, and no one had the answer.

I also tried to add an exception to the list of the internal DNS hostname, thinking if I did that and the RDP client initiated a connection to that name, it may auto-initiate the VPN, but to no avail, it could not contact the server. I know VPN works, as it
    is a simple MS VPN PPTP client that is allowed to connect through our Nortel router/VPN appliance and I use it all the time with my laptop.

I have set it up dozens of times on laptops, so I know my VPN settings are correct. Just can't find out how to initiate the connection to it can resolve and route to the internal server.

Any help out there?

dhegler, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Help with glitching mouse pointer when connected to a VPN in a RDP session.

1. Help with glitching mouse pointer when connected to a VPN in a RDP session. - Similar Threads - Help glitching mouse

2. Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session: I'm currently running a virtual machine with Windows 10. A connect to this virtual machine trough Remote Desktop Protocol. Once connected I want to establish a VPN connection to another server, but Windows forbidens me of doing that based on some security policy. If I access...
  3. Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session: I'm currently running a virtual machine with Windows 10. A connect to this virtual machine trough Remote Desktop Protocol. Once connected I want to establish a VPN connection to another server, but Windows forbidens me of doing that based on some security policy. If I access...
  4. Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 mouse pointer visual glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mouse pointer visual glitch: So I have this weirdest bug/glitch. I think it appeared after the latest 23H2 update but I'm not sure.Mouse pointer changed it's color and animation. This happens when I start my PC. In order to fix it I need to turn the monitor off and then turn it back on.See the attached...
  6. Block Snipping tool when connected on RDP Session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block Snipping tool when connected on RDP Session: Hi, There's any way to block Snipping tool from user side when connected on RDP Session? Any GPO that when user is connected block the snipping tool on the user machine? I'm making some researchs but i not found anything like that.Thaks in Advance....
  7. Block Snipping tool when connected on RDP Session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block Snipping tool when connected on RDP Session: Hi, There's any way to block Snipping tool from user side when connected on RDP Session? Any GPO that when user is connected block the snipping tool on the user machine? I'm making some researchs but i not found anything like that.Thaks in Advance....
  8. Block Snipping tool when connected on RDP Session

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Bug: Mouse pointer keeps glitching

Bug: Mouse pointer keeps glitching: Hi there, ever since i used the last update, ive been having issues with my mouse. It keeos jumping around the screen, doing random functions, and does all of this when i dont even touch the mouse My computer is clean from any viruses or malware Its the computer itsself,...
  10. RDP session

RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...