Windows 10: Help with Gpedit.msc - Things missing.

Discus and support Help with Gpedit.msc - Things missing. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys last week I followed a guide and enabled gpedit.msc on my laptop and it worked fine , i change a setting which was to disable power throttling.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lost-Koala, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Help with Gpedit.msc - Things missing.

Hi guys last week I followed a guide and enabled gpedit.msc on my laptop and it worked fine , i change a setting which was to disable power throttling. Anyways now im getting issues so i wish to disable it. However when i now go to gpedit.msc everything is missing and i cant change the setting because its not there.

I have no idea how to fix the issue I have not changed anything. I have attached a screenshot of what I see. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

[Ashampoo-Snap-Sunday-June-14-2020-09h54m33s-001.png](https://postimg.cc/rDHZc54g)

submitted by /u/Lost-Koala
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lost-Koala, Jun 14, 2020
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Jun 14, 2020
  3. tcebob Win User
    Gpedit problem

I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc I got the attached message
    The program ran after I dismissed the message twice but did not display the needed choices. I took a shot at editing the referenced file but couldn't save it because it's in Windows directory and is protected. (I am the Administrator). How can I fix gpedit?

Help with Gpedit.msc - Things missing. [​IMG]

tcebob, Jun 14, 2020
  4. BruceHill Win User

Help with Gpedit.msc - Things missing.

gpedit missing from Windows 10 Home

It seems that the Group Policy Editor (gpedit) is missing for Windows 10 Home. If you do WindowsKey+R and enter "gpedit.msc" you get the following message:

What are the steps required to install gpedit on Windows 10 Home? Is there a Microsoft sanctioned download of gpedit from the Microsoft domain?

BruceHill, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Help with Gpedit.msc - Things missing.

1. Help with Gpedit.msc - Things missing. - Similar Threads - Help Gpedit msc

2. Things missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Things missing.: Hi my computer isn't loading multiple things. First of all when I load my computer from start it loads with my background and everything but the taskbar doesn't load the stuff on it for a couple minutes. Then my Windows search bar just isn't working, when I click on it pops...
  3. Need help things are missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help things are missing: So I noticed that my search indexing was randomly turned off and when I tried to turn it back on my index was gone, i did rebuild but i dont have a progress bar so i dont know how long it will take. Also tried searching windows search service and when i click it the settings...
  4. Gpedit

Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  5. GPEDIT 'Administrative Templates' Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GPEDIT 'Administrative Templates' Missing: I am missing some items in the Local Group Policy editor gpedit.msc &secpol.msc also missing [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-administrative-templates-missing/fe6cb113-d8bb-44be-b7e3-3921bc683d99
  6. device gurd missing in gpedit->admin templates->sytem

in Windows 10 Customization
    device gurd missing in gpedit->admin templates->sytem: running a virtual system in Vmware it was showing a error like this: [ATTACH] i copy & pasted the error in google there is some solutions i was go throw it, but in the group policies the file Device Gurd missing [ATTACH] now i'm searched in google about DG...
  7. Reset gpedit?

Reset gpedit?: I was in gpedit and i enable only run certain apps and i closed gpedit and niw I cant reopen it becuase it wasnt in the list. Is there a way to reset this. I also cant use regedit and running as admin dosnt work submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments]...
  8. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  9. "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT: Recently did a fresh install of Win10 Spring update.I'm accustomed to using option (2) in Group Policy Editor which lets Windows notify me to download updates and notify me to install them once downloaded. However, this no longer seems to be an option as the only thing i can...
  10. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...