Windows 10: Help with headphones, only the left one is working

Discus and support Help with headphones, only the left one is working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was using my headphones when suddenly only the left one was reproducing the sound. I immediately thought they broke (they are old) and switched them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JaviVader9, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Help with headphones, only the left one is working

I was using my headphones when suddenly only the left one was reproducing the sound. I immediately thought they broke (they are old) and switched them for another ones. They worked well for 10 minutes aprox, and now the same exact thing happened.

Any help? Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/JaviVader9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JaviVader9, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of the headphone?

This could be due to the change in Balance levels of the playback device. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds
    • Select your headphone, and click on Properties.
    • Click on Balance under Levels
      tab, adjust Left and Right to the same levels.
    • Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

For more troubleshooting tips on audio issues, refer Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Audio issues with only the left side of headphones/earphones work.

Hi Charlie,

The port of the device could be the culprit why only the left side of your headphones works. A hardware or software changes could also be the reason for this kind of issue. However, let's not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter in Windows Settings. Simply search for
    Troubleshoot in the start menu. Under Find and fix other problems, click on
    Hardware and Devices. We also suggest that you run the audio test for your headphones in Hardware and Sound. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Go to Control Panel, then click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Manage audio devices.
    • Click on Headphones, then Configure at the bottom right.
    • Run the test, and see if both sides of your headphones are working there.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Carlos Tin, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Help with headphones, only the left one is working

Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Help with headphones, only the left one is working

1. Help with headphones, only the left one is working - Similar Threads - Help headphones left

2. Headphones working only on one side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones working only on one side: I updated some drivers recently, and ever since, my headphones are working on ly on the left side. I tested it on another device and it's working normally. I tried to uninstall the device, update drivers and use troubleshoot. The latter one detected a problem but offered no...
  3. Headphones working only on one side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones working only on one side: I updated some drivers recently, and ever since, my headphones are working on ly on the left side. I tested it on another device and it's working normally. I tried to uninstall the device, update drivers and use troubleshoot. The latter one detected a problem but offered no...
  4. Headphones working only on one side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones only working in left ear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones only working in left ear.: I have just built myself a brand new pc and I have plugged in my regular headphones that work perfectly fine on other devices and audio is only coming through the left ear. I have checked the balancing and it says that both are fine. The troubleshooter says nothing is wrong,...
  6. Headphones only working in left ear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones only working in left ear.: I have just built myself a brand new pc and I have plugged in my regular headphones that work perfectly fine on other devices and audio is only coming through the left ear. I have checked the balancing and it says that both are fine. The troubleshooter says nothing is wrong,...
  7. Headphones only working in left ear.

8. HEADPHONES SUDDENLY ONLY WORKS ON LEFT EAR!

HEADPHONES SUDDENLY ONLY WORKS ON LEFT EAR!: It 's only been an hour since I used the headphones. They had no issue at all before but when I use them now after barely an hour, only one side works. I've tried checking the cable to see if that was the issue but it's not. I'm really frustrated as to how this happened as...
  9. Only my left headphone works now, no matter the pair of headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only my left headphone works now, no matter the pair of headphones: I was using my headphones when suddenly only the left one was reproducing the sound. I immediately thought they broke (they are old) and switched them for another ones. They worked well for 10 minutes aprox, and now the same exact thing happened. Any help? Thanks in advance...
  10. Left headphone only working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left headphone only working: Hey everyone, I have and Xbox XO Four Stealth headset plugged into my computer with a 3 pole to 4 pole jack adapter. My jacks aren't bent or anything nothing is wrong with the wires. Drivers are up to date, my headphone balance is 100 100. my os build is 18362.418 and I...