Windows 10: Help with heatsink and thermal paste

Discus and support Help with heatsink and thermal paste in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently noticed my fan was very loud and checked the heatsink the thermal paste needed replacement but I didn’t have any, I cleaned the heatsink but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zaffy31, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Help with heatsink and thermal paste

I recently noticed my fan was very loud and checked the heatsink the thermal paste needed replacement but I didn’t have any, I cleaned the heatsink but not the cpu and ordered thermal paste it will take 5 days to arrive can I still use my laptop without thermal paste for 5 days as I need to work from home and I’m a designer

submitted by /u/zaffy31
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zaffy31, Dec 24, 2020
  2. JATownes Win User

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Dec 24, 2020
  3. pparks1 Win User
    Thermal Paste Questions

For the Core i7, I suggest drawing a 7 with thermal paste. For the core i5, a 5.

pparks1, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Dude Win User

Help with heatsink and thermal paste

Thermal Paste Questions

*Cool

Thema:

Help with heatsink and thermal paste

1. Help with heatsink and thermal paste - Similar Threads - Help heatsink thermal

2. im having a problme with BSOD for the past 1month, i recently just change a thermal paste...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im having a problme with BSOD for the past 1month, i recently just change a thermal paste...: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 124Parameter 1: 0Parameter 2: ffffc58be3319028Parameter 3: f6000000Parameter 4: 20411OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033Extra information about the...
  3. Broken Heatsink Clip

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken Heatsink Clip: While cleaning & replacing my CPU & Heatsink, one of the clips on the heatsink holder broke. I looked on Newegg & I can get a new holder set, but how do I make sure I get the right one? Do I search my motherboard name (ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0) / the motherboard CPU socket (AM3+)?...
  4. Is it is a good way to clean thermal paste?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it is a good way to clean thermal paste?: Hi, I'm hoping to buy some mx arctic thermal paste for my laptop, and I was wondering what I should do to clean off the nearly 7 year old stock stuff.Some players recommend using 70-90% iso alcahol with a q-tip, but first rubbing it off with a dry paper towel? And dipping the...
  5. Should I replace thermal paste?

Should I replace thermal paste?: Hi, a few weeks ago I fixed up my mothers laptop, upgrading to newer ram and upgrading to ssd.After I initially took it apart, I noticed one issue it never had before, after I took it apart, upgraded the parts and cleaned out the dust, the laptop has started heating up, my...
  6. Old / dry thermal paste on mobo

in Windows 10 Support
    Old / dry thermal paste on mobo: Hi, I hope general support is correct. I was cleaning the old thermal paste on a laptop and a little bit got stuck to the board. I swear I really tried to remove it. I tried using the lint free cloth applying a little pressure with a screwdriver, then a q-tip, and nothing....
  7. Multiple BSODs after changing thermal paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs after changing thermal paste: Hello everyone I just changed my thermal paste, my PC got into a boot loop, so I put only one ram stick then reset BIOS settings shut down and put the others then it worked fine Then I did the normal things that people do after BIOS reset which is enable XMP and enable...
  8. Thermal paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Thermal paste: I've had the i9 7900x for about a year and it looks like the thermal paste is beginning to wear on one of the cores. Consistently noticing 1-2 of the cores temps rising hotter than the rest. Can anyone recommend the best thermal paste they've had experience with? I'd prefer...
  9. PC not booting after applying thermal paste

PC not booting after applying thermal paste: My heatsink was very Dusty. So today I removed it, cleaned it and reapplied thermal paste after cleaning the top of processor. I did pull the leaver to clean but I didn't remove processor. I accidentally broke one of the lock pin while placing the heatsink. But still other...
  10. better heatsink

better heatsink: What would people out there on these forums recommend for a better heatsink/cpu fan for a i7 2600k processor. My temps are sometimes spiking too close to the danger level and it cant be the thermal paste as Ive already checked that and its fine. I cant really afford to spend...