Windows 10: Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579

Discus and support Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Honestly I’m really not sure what’s up. I’ve looked at multiple solutions on the internet and nothing seems to help. I constantly have high disk usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dijjas, Jul 7, 2020.

1. /u/dijjas Win User

Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579

Honestly I’m really not sure what’s up. I’ve looked at multiple solutions on the internet and nothing seems to help. I constantly have high disk usage on my computer and it constantly slows things up. The usual culprit upon looking at task manager is system. What should I do?

submitted by /u/dijjas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dijjas, Jul 7, 2020
  2. The once Win User

Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high

i just got the dell g3 15 laptop and yet it is running very laggy. disk usage is running very high when i got the computer. i tried ways to make it down but its not working. i have returned the computer once and got another one and still have the same problem.
    at the resource monitor the system write speed is usual fast (what i think ) and i don't know how to fix it. and yet i don't want to return the computer for the second time.

ps. i have tried closing windows search and super fetch option. also uninstall Skype , google chrome. and it just didn't work.

ps2. i think i should switch the "hybrid drive " to a ssd would be faster.

The once, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Kol12 Win User
    Dell G3 Speedstep not working?

That's helpful because I have the same Smartbyte/Rivet Networks process sometimes causing very high CPU usage.

Kol12, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579

1. Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579 - Similar Threads - Help high disk

2. high disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high disk usage: I am facing high disk usage problems after upgrading to windows 11. PC health check said that my hardware is compatible and my hard drive has around 200 GB free space left on C drive....
  3. High Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Disk Usage: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3576 with the following build Intel core i3 7th Gen1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 HDD12 GB RAMI had two other issues regarding long startup time and high disk usage by SYSTEM process. They were solved with help from the Microsoft Community...
  4. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: My disk usage is 100% during startup making it unusable which settles down after like 5 mins. After it settles down and i open an application disk usage again skyrockets to 100% which settles down ultimately. I have tried every method online without any luck....
  5. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: The Disk usage is almost always 100%. I am unable to do work. Please help. I have windows 10 on Dell inspiron 5559. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage/9f934320-7fb2-4015-b1ff-d75bb14a50cb
  6. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: hi, i am using windows 10 home, version 2004. i am having high disk usage problem for about a week. even when not using, it is 100%. But,in Task manager, under DISK column, there running "svchost", Tiworker, system. how can these 3 items cause 100% usage? btw, i ran chkdsk,...
  7. Dell G3 3579 small "hiccups"/"glitch"/"freeze" while playing games or videos.

Dell G3 3579 small "hiccups"/"glitch"/"freeze" while playing games or videos.: Hi, I am new at this, but I am looking for help, so let me know if I am doing something wrong in the post :D. I bought a Dell G3 3579 for playing some games and stuff. I don't complaim about this laptop's performance, It is enough for what I want. The problem is something...
  8. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: Hi, Every Mon. AM ( When I turn on the computer) my computer is very slow. When I check the Task Manager>Processes it is "System" which is causing the computer to barely work. The Disk usage is 49-50%. This lasts for 10-15 min. & then doesn't happen until the next week....
  9. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803: Suddenly got a BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. This happens several times, quite once a month. Can someone help me how to fix this problem? Here's a link for the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avaug2cug7rdhcIRIF4xubVrSlsRaA...
  10. Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high: i just got the dell g3 15 laptop and yet it is running very laggy. disk usage is running very high when i got the computer. i tried ways to make it down but its not working. i have returned the computer once and got another one and still have the same problem. at the...