Windows 10: Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu

Discus and support Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I already quit trying to use a bridge and now letting the DHCP supply the IP, but everytime I boot the machine the DHCP gives me a new IP. Is possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thexdroid, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu

I already quit trying to use a bridge and now letting the DHCP supply the IP, but everytime I boot the machine the DHCP gives me a new IP. Is possible to "fix" this random range or is there any real way to make it get fixed?

The virtual switch configuration dont presents any easy or direct way to deal with that, this is where VirtualBox, MacOS Parallels, VMware are stronger.

Any suggested tutorial?

submitted by /u/thexdroid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thexdroid, Feb 15, 2020

2. Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if the features to apply static IP is available in your device.

• Navigate to settings.
    • Search or navigate to “Wi-Fi”.
    • Scroll all the way down and tap “static ip”.
    • Turn on “Configure network settings manually”.
    • Key in the IP address, subnet mask and other details

Note: Do remember that your router / DHCP should support allocating static IP for this feature to work.

If the above feature is not available then your model may not support the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Hyper-V new 'Quick Create' Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS errors on boot

After enabling Hyper-V in Windows 10 Pro and following the 'Quick Create' type wizard in Hyper-V to create a Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS virtual machine, Hyper-V encounters the following two errors when trying to boot this virtual machine.

This is following the completion of the 'Quick Create' wizard to establish the Hyper-V settings for this particular virtual machine.

When starting this virtual machine the window that this is occurring in displays the following two errors:

• Spectre V2: Spectre mitigation LFENCE not serializing, switching to generic retpoline.
    • PCI: Fatal: No config space function found.

This results in the Ubuntu boot up failing and falling back to the Linux Grub menu.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, version 1809 on a HP EliteBook 745 G5 notebook which uses an AMD Ryzen 5 2500u CPU.

Any help much appreciated.

SpaceHopperUK, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu

A guide how to run Ubuntu 18.04 in Enhanced Mode in Hyper-V

Well Martin I finally got around to giving it a try.
    And.....

If everyone just follows your instructions "step by step" exactly....
    it works perfectly!!!*Party

I now have 4k Ubuntu in Hyper-V
    Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu [​IMG]

ThanksHelp with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu :)
    1080p
    (click to enlarge)

4K*Party*Party*Party(change to 200%)
    (click to enlarge)

Cliff S, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu

1. Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Help Hyper static

2. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  3. How to get sound for Ubuntu in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to get sound for Ubuntu in Hyper-V: It is possible to get sound for Ubuntu in Hyper-V. See mini guide I have written in elevenforum.com How to get sound on Ubuntu in Hyper-V | Windows 11 Forum 183275
  4. Help with Hyper V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Hyper V: I am having a problem booting linux machines on hyper v. I created a virtual machine of mint linux and it runs fine but all additional VM's that I create will not boot up. They start to boot then just hang. What am I doing wrong?
  5. Hyper-V/Ubuntu 10.04 Installation/Error

Hyper-V/Ubuntu 10.04 Installation/Error: I recently purchased a Dell XPS 15, 9550, 6700HQ, W10P, 16Gig, non-touch, refurb computer. I re-partitioned the SSD drive, creating among other things drive 'R' of about 97 Gig. R was not reformatted - it is NTFS. Using another computer, I downloaded Ubuntu 10.04.LTS ISO...
  6. Help with Installing Ubuntu VM in Hyper-v and creating an image

Help with Installing Ubuntu VM in Hyper-v and creating an image: Help with Installing Ubuntu VM in Hyper-v and creating an image as a .WIM within SCCM. So here's a breakdown of the situation: - I need Ubuntu to be installed as a VM on several Windows machines e.g. approximately 90-110 Desktops. - I've used Virtualbox previously...
  7. A guide how to run Ubuntu 18.04 in Enhanced Mode in Hyper-V

A guide how to run Ubuntu 18.04 in Enhanced Mode in Hyper-V: Here is a quick guide how to run ubuntu 18.04 in enhance mode in Hyper-V. EDIT: This is not working on release version! Something has changed. I see it has been reported - I guess we need to wait. Please guys, do not add any comments about Virtualbox or VMware being...
  8. Cannot Install Ubuntu 17.04 in Hyper-v

Cannot Install Ubuntu 17.04 in Hyper-v: I am trying to install Ubuntu 1704 through Hyper V. It seems to go easily until I select the command to go ahead and install Ubuntu. Then things go wrong. I get the following error messages as shown in the attachment. It says that file...
  9. Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v

Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v: Apologies for the very basic question, but this is my first attempt at creating a virtual machine within Windows 10 pro using hyper-v. I have created a VM, and during the process allocated a drive/folder for that VM, and selected the Linux iso file that should be installed....
  10. Microsoft to make Ubuntu 18.04 a First class VM with HYPER-V

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to make Ubuntu 18.04 a First class VM with HYPER-V: Hi folks Some might be interested in this -- could be a winner for Ms if they can eat into VMware's market. Microsoft's revealed a plan to make Ubuntu 18.04 a "first-class" guest under Hyper-V. Microsoft's definition of first-class may sound a bit ho-hum for users...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ubuntu static network hyperv