Windows 10: Help with Hyper V

Discus and support Help with Hyper V in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having a problem booting linux machines on hyper v. I created a virtual machine of mint linux and it runs fine but all additional VM's that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spaceman, Dec 14, 2020.

1. spaceman Win User

Help with Hyper V

I am having a problem booting linux machines on hyper v. I created a virtual machine of mint linux and it runs fine but all additional VM's that I create will not boot up. They start to boot then just hang. What am I doing wrong?

spaceman, Dec 14, 2020

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Help with Hyper V

JuanMoreno25, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Help with Hyper V

1. Help with Hyper V - Similar Threads - Help Hyper

2. Hyper V - quick help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V - quick help: So I had this good working HyperV VM machine windows ; couple of years, working fine.Now suddenly it gives this error belowVirtual Machine Connection The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state of 'XXXXX'. 'XXXXX' failed to start. Virtual machine...
  3. Hyper V - quick help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V - quick help: So I had this good working HyperV VM machine windows ; couple of years, working fine.Now suddenly it gives this error belowVirtual Machine Connection The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state of 'XXXXX'. 'XXXXX' failed to start. Virtual machine...
  4. Hyper V - quick help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help to get Hyper V working correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to get Hyper V working correctly.: My PC was upgraded from Win 10 home to Win 11 home. The I acquired the key to make it Pro. I got the Hyper V working but I need help. The VM does not connect with host audio. The option to go full large screen does not show properly. Either I get a screen with a big border...
  6. Need help to get Hyper V working correctly.

Need help to get Hyper V working correctly.: My PC was upgraded from Win 10 home to Win 11 home. The I acquired the key to make it Pro. I got the Hyper V working but I need help. The VM does not connect with host audio. The option to go full large screen does not show properly. Either I get a screen with a big border...
  7. HELP!!! I HAVE BEEN HACKED!! SOMEONE SET UP WINDOWS REMOTE, HYPER V, A NETWORK AS WELL AS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP!!! I HAVE BEEN HACKED!! SOMEONE SET UP WINDOWS REMOTE, HYPER V, A NETWORK AS WELL AS...: i am a college student and i am preparing to start online college in less than two weeks, and my online college let me upgrade for free to windows 10 education verision and i randomly noticed that bluetooth connections and things was not as i have been having them, and i go...
  8. HELP!!! I HAVE BEEN HACKED!! SOMEONE SET UP WINDOWS REMOTE, HYPER V, A NETWORK AS WELL AS...

HELP!!! I HAVE BEEN HACKED!! SOMEONE SET UP WINDOWS REMOTE, HYPER V, A NETWORK AS WELL AS...: i am a college student and i am preparing to start online college in less than two weeks, and my online college let me upgrade for free to windows 10 education verision and i randomly noticed that bluetooth connections and things was not as i have been having them, and i go...
  9. HELP!!! I HAVE BEEN HACKED!! SOMEONE SET UP WINDOWS REMOTE, HYPER V, A NETWORK AS WELL AS...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Hyper-V Error "No more data available" when creating a virtual machine! Please help

Hyper-V Error "No more data available" when creating a virtual machine! Please help: PLEASE HELP! I do not know how to fix this error. I also cant start virtual machines because the "hypervisor is not available" and I dont know why this happens! PLEASE HELP...