Windows 10: Help with I/O device error

Discus and support Help with I/O device error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to access a folder on one of my internal HDDs and am getting a 'location is not available' error stating "The request could not be performed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/realmilesobrien, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Help with I/O device error

I'm trying to access a folder on one of my internal HDDs and am getting a 'location is not available' error stating "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

I know this means the drive is failing. It's been a bit dodgy for some time now. Unfortunately I think there's some files I am looking for still in the folder I am trying to access. Normally I would resign myself to the data being lost but I can still access several other folders on that drive. Can anyone recommend the best way to access the folder that is producing the error or if necessary advise the best free method of retrieving the data within? Any advise would be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/realmilesobrien
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/realmilesobrien, Mar 29, 2020

2. Can't update audio driver- Showing I/O device error

Hi Christa,

An I/O Device error can occur with different types of hardware devices or media, such as external hard drives, SD cards, SSD, USB flash drives or pen drives. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you run the hardware and devices troubleshooter by
    following these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Type Troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next button and follow the on screen guide.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Mar 29, 2020
  3. ex_reven Win User
    I/O Device Error

Hey guys, i just put together a new case and upon trying to use a cd I found that i got an error:

"The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error"

I have a 250gb SATA II drive connected to the mobo by means of a SATA cable.
    While my LG DVD Drive is connected to the mobo with an IDE Cable, the IDE cable has 3 ends (one to plug into the mobo, one for an IDE Hard drive and another for a CD Drive i presume)

Is the error being caused because both the hard drive and the DVD drive think they are the primary devices? If so how do i fix this?

Thanks *Toast :toast: ,
    Ex_ReVeN

ex_reven, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Help with I/O device error

I/O Device Error on hpv236w 64gb USB

When I try to access my hpv236w 64gb USB, it gives me this error:'F:\ is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.' I can't format it too. I tried many steps to fix this but they were useless.

How can I fix this?

This information maybe of some use:
    I am able to access and recover files on the drive when i turn on write-protect.

Any help is appreciated.

Fayaz Rahman, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Help with I/O device error

1. Help with I/O device error - Similar Threads - Help device error

2. Continual I/O Device Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continual I/O Device Errors: Two complaints - one about the product, the other about this forum.At first it was only the external DVD drive that was being randomly disconnected and reconnected.Now the same thing happens to any or all of the USBs plugged into my external hub. At the same time another...
  3. Continual I/O Device Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continual I/O Device Errors: Two complaints - one about the product, the other about this forum.At first it was only the external DVD drive that was being randomly disconnected and reconnected.Now the same thing happens to any or all of the USBs plugged into my external hub. At the same time another...
  4. Continual I/O Device Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Initializing Hard drive ERROR... an I/O device error

Initializing Hard drive ERROR... an I/O device error: Hello,when I try to 'initialize' my second Hard drive - a pop-up says... the request could not be completed because of an i/o device error.I have Windows 10.and the hard drive that isn't initializing, is new and didn't have anything on it - and just put in.I really need this...
  6. i/o device error 0x8007045D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i/o device error 0x8007045D: My SD card is giving me this i/o error 0x8007045D and does not allow any files to copy, transfer or format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-device-error-0x8007045d/de0aeb12-958a-42b1-8e2a-ae533a3ce986
  7. i/o device error 0x8007045D

i/o device error 0x8007045D: My SD card is giving me this i/o error 0x8007045D and does not allow any files to copy, transfer or format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-device-error-0x8007045d/de0aeb12-958a-42b1-8e2a-ae533a3ce986
  8. i/o device error 0x8007045D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. i/o device error

i/o device error: Since the latest Windows 10 update, I have had nothing but problems. My computer now only recognizes 1 of 3 external drives. If I unplug the one it recognizes, it shifts to a different drive. I get "I/O device error" on the other 2. It worked perfectly before the update....
  10. I / O device error HDD

I / O device error HDD: Good evening, This is my system: i7 2600k 1050Ti Samsung EVO 256GB Fatal1ty P67 Performance (Bios 1.3) BeQuiet E8 680W 16GB Ram W10 64 I bought a WD Red 8.0 TB (WD80EFAX). It shows up in the Bios with the correct size when i plug the hdd on any SATA Port on the mainboard....