Windows 10: Help with icons

Discus and support Help with icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone can give me a tip/trick to figuring out which icons in the start menu are apps and which - actual programs? For example, Paint and Weather have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doctore, Feb 19, 2015.

1. doctore Win User

Help with icons

Anyone can give me a tip/trick to figuring out which icons in the start menu are apps and which - actual programs? For example, Paint and Weather have the same type of icons...*Mad

:)

doctore, Feb 19, 2015

2. Using Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 10 March 2016 (KB890830)

In Windows 10, once you have installed the following as a bundle: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition - March 2016 (KB890830) - using the usual windows update, how do you locate the
    file, open the file to use the file to take advantage of the full features of the windows Malicious Software Removal Tool? Thank you.

Help With Spam, Feb 19, 2015
  3. Mouse cursor contsantly blinking and not working properly

I have the same problem. It will not let me select when the mouse pointer is flashing. I have to wait for the computer to be on for awhile to stop the flashing.

I have reinstalled the mouse software and updated the driver.

Any suggestions?

Help with license, Feb 19, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Help with icons

At the end of the day they are all programs. For what purpose do you need to make the distinction ?

5. doctore Win User
    lol, at the end of the day - Notepad and Word are both text editors *Tongue

I just want to know if there is any icon-indicator that differentiates between an app and a program in the start menu, maybe lack of background, or background color, or something else.

doctore, Feb 19, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Doctore, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

One way to help tell the difference is the icon on the tile.

If it's a modern looking icon (ex: all white), then it's a modern app.

If it's a normal colored icon, then it's most likely a desktop app.

Brink, Feb 19, 2015
  7. doctore Win User
    Thanks Brink, it does appear that all apps have white icons *Party

doctore, Feb 19, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Help with icons

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Feb 19, 2015
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    And what is a text editor - it is a program. But I would really be interested for what purpose you want to make the distinction. Maybe there are other clues that can help.

10. doctore Win User
    Sure, but you don't use Notepad to create two-column newsletter now, do you? Horses for courses.
    The same way I don't use the Adobe app on my desktop - I'd rather use the full Adobe program, for example.

doctore, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help with icons

1. Help with icons - Similar Threads - Help icons

2. Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CollectionHelpful205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bnkh0t/help_these_icons_keep_appearing_and_if_i_hover/
  3. i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...: I Have Tried Numerous fixes pls help thumbnails work fine when bigger ihave tried deleting the icons.db rebooted used sage thumbs icon rebuilder nothingi already tried to reinstall onedrive and remove it through onedrive settings and still nothing either dont know if that has...
  4. i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...: I Have Tried Numerous fixes pls help thumbnails work fine when bigger ihave tried deleting the icons.db rebooted used sage thumbs icon rebuilder nothingi already tried to reinstall onedrive and remove it through onedrive settings and still nothing either dont know if that has...
  5. i need help fixing broken icons on windows 10 also want to get rid of onedrives fixed paths...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. help fixing broken icons on windows 10 tryed everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help fixing broken icons on windows 10 tryed everything: thumbnails work fine when bigger ihave tried deleting the icons.db rebooted used sage thumbs icon rebuilder nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-fixing-broken-icons-on-windows-10-tryed/cc4064b6-0b34-4a5e-8525-58a10cd6b6f5
  7. help fixing broken icons on windows 10 tryed everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help fixing broken icons on windows 10 tryed everything: thumbnails work fine when bigger ihave tried deleting the icons.db rebooted used sage thumbs icon rebuilder nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-fixing-broken-icons-on-windows-10-tryed/cc4064b6-0b34-4a5e-8525-58a10cd6b6f5
  8. help fixing broken icons on windows 10 tryed everything

9. Help! windows 11 Virus and threat protection icon missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! windows 11 Virus and threat protection icon missing: Ive done almost almost all suggestions I've seen, with the cmds, regedit, powershell, ..nothing is happening. My account is already an administrator account and this pc is for personal use. everytime i click app and browser control from windows security setting the screen...
  10. Help! windows 11 Virus and threat protection icon missing

Help! windows 11 Virus and threat protection icon missing: Ive done almost almost all suggestions I've seen, with the cmds, regedit, powershell, ..nothing is happening. My account is already an administrator account and this pc is for personal use. everytime i click app and browser control from windows security setting the screen...