Windows 10: Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC

Discus and support Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys, I really need your help with this problem(I don't really know when this happened but I tried it like a month ago and I didn't care about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Leonardo David Ricardo, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC

Hello guys, I really need your help with this problem(I don't really know when this happened but I tried it like a month ago and I didn't care about it, but now I really want to fix it).

So the Jumplist from the taskbar are working, but when I click on the recent items(Like in File explorer, Notepad, Paint, etc Microsoft programs) it closes but it doesn't open the window. It just closes. BUT they work when I just left-click it.

Other programs like Google chrome jumplist are working fine and they open a new browser when I right-click it.

When I try to right-click a recent item from notepad, it only shows a black box without nothing inside.

http://prntscr.com/lbkaqj

I tried pin/unpin but it doesn't work. Also I tried the sfc/scannow from CMD, the health thing(I forgot the name) and everything from that, didn't find anything wrong. Also I did a malwarebytes scan; Nothing, same with AVAST and windows defender.

I was reading something that this is a problem with a " shell extension problem " in the regedit that windows doesn't like.

This problem affects programs like File explorer, notepad, MS Word, Paint...

I really need any help you can bring!

Thank you.

PD: I have windows 10 home with the 1803 update since 14 Sep 2018, 64bits.

=============

ALSO! There is a process that needs UAC everytime I open Sound settings from the speaker icon.

Is called:

Windows host process (Rundll32)

Verified publisher: Microsoft Windows

Program location: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe"shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,sounds

Does this problem has something with the problem with the jumplists?

:)

Leonardo David Ricardo, Oct 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 jumplist class or ID process

Hi

I don't know if anybody could help me with that : for a certain purpose I need to find the real window class name for jumplists used in taskbar .

I browsed the net without any clear answer .

Any help would be appreciated to find the exact syntax name or ID process when displaying a tasbar jumplist

Best regards !

Dragon_Heart, Oct 29, 2018
  3. rfhar Win User
    Jumplist problem

When I right-click on a pinned item on a taskbar Jumplist and the file is unavailable the item cannot be "Unpinned from the list", nor can the item be deleted from the jumplist. I first noticed this when the February update that borked my USB mouse. A
    lot of the items in the jumplist did not come up on the screen when I clicked on them but when I found the file and clicked on the file in it's containing folder opening the file up then clicking on the jumplist entry of the file would work again. It seems
    that I must have deleted the files in the folder but the jumplst entry of the file is borked and the file cannot be removed from the jumplist, but if the file does exist in a folder, opening it up in the folder fixes the jumplist entry so it will work again.

Any ideas?

rfhar, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC

1. Help with jumplists not working and a process requeries UAC - Similar Threads - Help jumplists working

2. Jumplists don't work after restarting explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jumplists don't work after restarting explorer.exe: Hello, I found an issue with jump lists: If I kill explorer.exe and restart it any item of any jump list still appears but nothing happens when it is clicked. Is it a known issue? Will it be fixed in a Windows update? Regards, Adrien...
  3. Help me remove an entry from a jumplist.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help me remove an entry from a jumplist.: I have a Notepad document in my Taskbar jump list which will not go away. When I click on it, a message tells me that the document cannot be found. It may have been moved or renamed. Would I like to delete the entry? When I click Yes, nothing happens. The document is still on...
  4. uac username and password not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uac username and password not working: Hello I have windows 10 professional version 1909 installed on my computer. The computer is not connected to a domain. I would like to make the uac prompt for credentials for my administrator account with the username and password. I had this setup before with windows 10...
  5. Snips & Jumplists

Snips & Jumplists: I often wonder if people realize Snips can be done right from Snip & Sketch's 'commands' on its jumplist; don't, even have to go to/open its window. Speaking of jumplists... for so many things, their jumplists offer 'commands' that one can often work directly with/from an...
  6. Jumplists not working

Jumplists not working: Hi, most of the jumplists of my pinned programs are not working: [ATTACH] ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ [ATTACH] !-- The item is there:...
  7. Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist: I have both internet explorer 11 and Firefox quantum pinned to my taskbar. I like using the jump lists by right clicking on them both. I have pinned websites on both jump lists. One thing that has been aggravating me slightly is with the latest Firefox the ‘frequent sites’ no...
  8. Mozilla jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla jumplist: Anyone know of a reliable way to try and get jump lists back on Mozilla without resorting to uninstalling / reinstalling? If I right click the pinned Mozilla icon or it's entry in the start menu it no longer shows the jumplists, recent, private browsing etc. Just gives option...
  9. where Win10 store the jumplists?

in Windows 10 Support
    where Win10 store the jumplists?: Every once in a while I would like to clean it out. 35076
  10. Start menu jumplist settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu jumplist settings: In W7, if you hover over an app on the start menu, recent documents are displayed automatically. In W10 it seems you have to click on the jumplist arrow. Is there any way to change this in W10? 18775