Windows 10: Help with Language removal,cant remove for some reason the english uk language from my pc

Discus and support Help with Language removal,cant remove for some reason the english uk language from my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PHDIKOULAS [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PHDIKOULAS, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Help with Language removal,cant remove for some reason the english uk language from my pc

/u/PHDIKOULAS, Dec 8, 2019

2. Can't remove UK English language.

Hello,

After an may update UK English appeared in my language bar and i can't remove it. I use 2 languages (US English and Russian). When i go settings->Time and language -> Region & language -> i click on UK English and "REMOVE" button is not active (i can see
    it, but it's not pressable). Same problem with remove button for US English (remove button not active).

I tried to search for solution but nothing helped.
    Help with Language removal,cant remove for some reason the english uk language from my pc deeaa26f-3711-419e-bcc2-3f6865bf8163?upload=true.jpg

TiborTsuga, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Lekden Win User
    Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Help with Language removal,cant remove for some reason the english uk language from my pc

Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Help with Language removal,cant remove for some reason the english uk language from my pc

1. Help with Language removal,cant remove for some reason the english uk language from my pc - Similar Threads - Help Language removal

2. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  3. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  4. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  5. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  6. Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu: Hi there As you can see on this screenshot, my Windows 10 currently has 4 keyboards installed: french, japanese, english UK and english US. What I want is remove the two english keyboards. However, as you can seehere in the red rectangle, my Language menu has only two...
  7. Can't remove UK English language

Can't remove UK English language: I'm used to the US English keyboard, but when I try to remove the UK English it stays in the languages. How can I fix it? PowerShell doesn't find UK English [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't remove a language from the language selector

Can't remove a language from the language selector: After updating I got a problem with extra language in the language selector list. It was not there before update and now I cannot remove it. In the language configuration screen I can see only two, the one I don't need is not present, so I cannot remove it. Here is the...
  9. Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english

Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english: I have been attempting to change my keyboard language for some time now I have already tried the obvious things such as going into settings and changing all of my settings to English and even syncing my Microsoft account settings. However, the problem still persists. What...
  10. HELP THIS LANGUAGE ISNT REMOVING

HELP THIS LANGUAGE ISNT REMOVING: So as a beginner Japanese learner i decided to install the Japanese Microsoft IME language pack so I could type in Japanese to help with my lessons. However I did not expect it to turn certain apps Japanese, even if im set on English USA. And now it isnt letting me remove the...