Windows 10: Help with Log In as Local Account

Discus and support Help with Log In as Local Account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my PC for some weird reason forces me to add the prefix " .\ " before my username. By default, it expects me to login as a domain. Is there any way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Watchmen__, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Help with Log In as Local Account

So my PC for some weird reason forces me to add the prefix " .\ " before my username. By default, it expects me to login as a domain. Is there any way to change this? So I can login using only my username (and password)?

submitted by /u/Watchmen__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Watchmen__, Feb 17, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 17, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Help with Log In as Local Account

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Help with Log In as Local Account

1. Help with Log In as Local Account - Similar Threads - Help Log Local

2. Need help logging into local PC admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help logging into local PC admin account: Hi all,I am stuck in quite a sticky and self dug predicament and need any kind of assistance so that I don't brick my entire laptop.I am on a Lenovo Thinkpad P52 running on Windows 11. I have 2 accounts on this PC, an Admin account Account A and a guest account Account...
  3. Need help logging into local PC admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help logging into local PC admin account: Hi all,I am stuck in quite a sticky and self dug predicament and need any kind of assistance so that I don't brick my entire laptop.I am on a Lenovo Thinkpad P52 running on Windows 11. I have 2 accounts on this PC, an Admin account Account A and a guest account Account...
  4. No option to log into local account with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to log into local account with PIN: I cannot log into my desktop computer Windows 10 with my PIN. It was working find, but after relocating the computer and turning it back on, it no longer gives me an option to use my PIN to log in and I can't remember the password. When I select reset my password, it takes me...
  5. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  6. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  7. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Local account log in

Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...
  9. log on with an already-established local account

log on with an already-established local account: After a recent update, local accounts do not show up on one of our pcs. The sign-in screen only accepts an e-mail address, as for a microsoft account. I can log on with my administrator Microsoft account, and the local users' folders are there, but "Other User" on the...
  10. Can't log out of local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log out of local account: For a couple months I've had a single account without password protection - never had to purposefully log out - just shut down. I added another account a couple days ago. Now the PC hangs up with a blank screen for about 5 minutes when I try to log out. Eventually the PC...