Windows 10: Help with Mail App

Discus and support Help with Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I just downloaded Windows 10 and since I am in no way familiar with using Apps I made the mistake of opening my mail app and adding one of my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Terri, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Terri Win User

Help with Mail App

Hi, I just downloaded Windows 10 and since I am in no way familiar with using Apps I made the mistake of opening my mail app and adding one of my e-mail address's to it. However doing this now means that whenever I turn on my computer it is asking for my mail password. I tried to delete the account in the app but it won't let me. I tried to sign out but there is nowhere to sign out of the account. I was just testing the App and figured I could delete the address and I certainly do not want to enter a password to get onto my computer. I have been everywhere to try to delete this address or even delete the app but I am so new at Windows 10 I want to just delete it but I like the format and I upgraded because all the sites I visit on the net said my browser IE10 was not longer supported. So please, can someone tell me how to delete this address from my Mail App or how to sign out so I don't have to keep signing into my computer. Sorry if this is to long a message but I am so frustrated. *Huh

:)

Terri, Apr 18, 2016

2. Using Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 10 March 2016 (KB890830)

In Windows 10, once you have installed the following as a bundle: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition - March 2016 (KB890830) - using the usual windows update, how do you locate the
    file, open the file to use the file to take advantage of the full features of the windows Malicious Software Removal Tool? Thank you.

Help With Spam, Apr 18, 2016
  3. Mouse cursor contsantly blinking and not working properly

I have the same problem. It will not let me select when the mouse pointer is flashing. I have to wait for the computer to be on for awhile to stop the flashing.

I have reinstalled the mouse software and updated the driver.

Any suggestions?

Help with license, Apr 18, 2016
  4. Help with Mail App

Hi Terri, Open the Mail app, click on the wheel next to the smiling face, in the settings menu click manage accounts and select the one you want to remove, and it will give you the option to delete. Hope this helps. *Smile

thegeriatric, Apr 18, 2016
  5. Terri Win User
    Thanks geriatric for your reply. I had already tried that and could delete the second e-mail address I added but it didn't give me the delete option on the first one I added which was the one I wanted to get rid off because I now had to keep signing into my computer. Anyway, there was no information on the internet on how to get rid of this e-mail address so I just reloaded windows10 and will not touch the mail app again. I can just as easily get my mail on line. Again, thank you.

Terri, Apr 18, 2016
  6. pgm112 Win User
    Terri
    Bit late sorry now you have reloaded Windows but for future ref if it happens again
    Try < settings >accounts >log in with local account, and leave password blank

Regards Phil

pgm112, May 1, 2016
  7. Terri Win User
    Thanks pgm, I will keep that in mind.

Terri, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help with Mail App

1. Help with Mail App - Similar Threads - Help Mail App

2. need help with mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with mail app: your customer service chat wont work. the mail app wont send email. Need it fixed now!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-mail-app/34f0371a-dc4f-442e-84db-5be844f9cedf
  3. need help with mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with mail app: your customer service chat wont work. the mail app wont send email. Need it fixed now!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-mail-app/34f0371a-dc4f-442e-84db-5be844f9cedf
  4. Help in Windows 10 Mail app

Help in Windows 10 Mail app: Dear Sir , I have an email address on google and I am using google Alias so, when i send e-mails to my customers it appears to them like this *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of @gmail.com . Now, i started to use Windows 10 Mail app and i already...
  5. Help with my Mail app

Help with my Mail app: Hello. I noticed the first issues with this App almost one month ago: basically, when I go in the app to read my emails it crashes OR it says I don't have emails every account is blank OR it works for a few seconds and then stops. Emails are not synced as before, I don't get...
  6. Help with Windows Mail App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Windows Mail App: Hello, first post in this subreddit, and I need some help with the preinstalled mail app. I have this app working and signed in on my laptop, but when I went to sign in on my desktop, I got an error code when selecting my outlook account for the computer. The error code is...
  7. HELP - Mail app isn’t opening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP - Mail app isn’t opening?: I went to go check my emails for work, when I click on the mail app it loads up for one second then crashes submitted by /u/RohanParker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gf6hw3/help_mail_app_isnt_opening/
  8. Windows 10 Mail App Help

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App Help: Hello all, I have Windows 10 and use the mail app. I have an issue where when i open the app and try to create a new email and i start typing a name eg : Sha for Shane it does not link to my contacts in the people app. When i open the people app i can see Shane in contacts....
  9. Windows 10 Mail App Help

Windows 10 Mail App Help: Hello all, I have Windows 10 and use the mail app. I have an issue where when i open the app and try to create a new email and i start typing a name eg : Sha for Shane it does not link to my contacts in the people app. When i open the people app i can see Shane in contacts....
  10. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...