Windows 10: Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?)

Discus and support Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, so I was recently running two programs on my computer, one was a server for a separate system, and one was the game Satisfactory (Coffee... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sadexplainer, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?)

Hello all, so I was recently running two programs on my computer, one was a server for a separate system, and one was the game Satisfactory (Coffee Stain Studios). Importantly, I built the server program, and am confident it is not causing the problems I'm seeing. Also, I was performing a long-term test of a factory in Satisfactory. I've only had CPU problems in my rig, and never had any RAM or GPU problems.

My rig is as follows:

-Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th Gen (32gb Ram, Intel i7, no touchscreen) -Gigabyte Aorus 2070 Gaming Box -Thinkpad Thunderbolt 3 Professional Dock for peripherals

I came back to Satisfactory after leaving the computer to do its thing for almost exactly 60 hours, with still only the server, and Satisfactory running, to find my game lagging much worse than expected. I checked Task Manager, and to my surprise, it said that I was using 99% of my memory. I figured it was due to my continuing game session in Satisfactory, so I saved it and exit the game. However, I was still at 99% RAM usage according to Task Manager. I did some research, as even days later, I still was barely able to use the computer, and found about better memory reporting tools, and about windows memory compression, and figured out that MemCompression was responsible for all of my missing used memory. The only thing I couldn't find is how to fix it.

There's one big caveat though: because of my server running, I CAN'T restart my computer, or even put it to sleep.

Please help, as my server is starting to run a little slower.

submitted by /u/sadexplainer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sadexplainer, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Alex_703 Win User

Win-10 eating up ram ?...

I know there is a problem with Google chrome eating up all the ram on my Macs.

I think it is doing the same thing on my Win-10 computers.

As soon as I close Google chrome browser my ram usage drops back down to normal.

How can I print out the list of running processes ?

Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?) 99d8f12b-0586-42ee-b1d5-554b9789c095.jpg

Alex_703, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Service host eating my RAM

I'm currently using a Huawei Matebook 13, it has 8 gigs of RAM and it runs pretty well, but I've faced a single, big problem with it. The RAM usually overloads and collapses after some usage time, which makes everything start crashing, making me force
    restarting my laptop. I've confirmed that the only reason for this is the service host tasks eating 1-1.5% of the RAM each, today I just turned on the computer and left it like that, without running anything, after a few hours I checked the task manager and
    the RAM was at a 90% usage, with a couple tasks from service host eating up to 2% of the RAM, plus the other 40-50 service host tasks eating over 1% each. I've already searched a lot about this and I haven't been able to solve it. Also, I have just a few startup
    tasks, so I really don't think that's the problem.

Diego_Paez, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?)

Window10 eating RAM

Hello World.!

seems it's a known issue of system eating extra RAM

I'm on windows 10 enterprise version with 8 GB DDR3

Everything is updated.

-tried sfc/scanow

-Ran windows defender offline test

-Disabled the startup impacts

- Nothing is running

-Installed windows few times

-Made an iso of win10 with windows media creator and reinstalled again.

-Removed all apps with high potential risk

-Tried all fixes that are suggested in windows community and youtube.

Anyone here Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?) :(

Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?) 74165367-9c57-4032-95eb-ddc9c4c50c3e?upload=true.png

darshanshelat, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?)

1. Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?) - Similar Threads - Help MemCompression eating

2. VmmemWSA eating up RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VmmemWSA eating up RAM: Hi, today I noticed two instances of VmmemWSA running, one eating 2.123,0MB, the other one eating 168,5MB permanently, now I do not have VB or any other VM software installed and I've never had NmmemWSA shown before - How do I get rid of them?...
  3. VmmemWSA eating up RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VmmemWSA eating up RAM: Hi, today I noticed two instances of VmmemWSA running, one eating 2.123,0MB, the other one eating 168,5MB permanently, now I do not have VB or any other VM software installed and I've never had NmmemWSA shown before - How do I get rid of them?...
  4. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  5. Window10 eating RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window10 eating RAM: Hello World.! seems it's a known issue of system eating extra RAM I'm on windows 10 enterprise version with 8 GB DDR3 Everything is updated. -tried sfc/scanow -Ran windows defender offline test -Disabled the startup impacts - Nothing is running -Installed windows...
  6. 6gb of ram installed and low memory available? i think my system is eating my ram (roughly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    6gb of ram installed and low memory available? i think my system is eating my ram (roughly...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Justlixo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikmyu1/6gb_of_ram_installed_and_low_memory_available_i/
  7. What's eating my ram?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's eating my ram?: whats eating my 8gb of ram? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-eating-my-ram/155b9f00-156a-4d4d-bf5e-b4e626986910
  8. Service host eating my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host eating my RAM: I'm currently using a Huawei Matebook 13, it has 8 gigs of RAM and it runs pretty well, but I've faced a single, big problem with it. The RAM usually overloads and collapses after some usage time, which makes everything start crashing, making me force restarting my laptop....
  9. Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM

Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM: Hey yall, I’ve been having trouble with my computer ever since I installed windows 10 all those years ago when it first came out (made the free switch like most). I noticed that my RAM (8g)/memory would get completely full and often. It never happened before, not even...
  10. MemCompression accesses internet?!

MemCompression accesses internet?!: Just learned w10 has memory compression because my firewall alerted me this function tried to access the internet. Anyone know if the compressor is supposed to do that or is that something else mascerading? Trying to open the responsible application didnt work since i only...