Windows 10: Help with Microsoft Defender

Discus and support Help with Microsoft Defender in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had used Sordum's Defender Control a while ago and just now wanted to re-activate Windows Defender. However, when I tried to Enable it then it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jakub Miller, May 29, 2024.

1. Help with Microsoft Defender

I had used Sordum's Defender Control a while ago and just now wanted to re-activate Windows Defender. However, when I tried to Enable it then it would say Windows Defender cannot be started: https://www.sordum.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/defender_can_not_be_started.png I had tried all of the things listed in the Repair Defender page: https://www.sordum.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Repair_defender.html and some other things that I found on YouTube.As of this moment, I cannot turn Windows Defender on as it says that it is managed by my organization. Does anyone know how to fix thi

:)

Jakub Miller, May 29, 2024

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 29, 2024
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, May 29, 2024
  4. Help with Microsoft Defender

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Page not found

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Help with Microsoft Defender

1. Help with Microsoft Defender - Similar Threads - Help Microsoft Defender

2. Help with Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Microsoft Defender: I had used Sordum's Defender Control a while ago and just now wanted to re-activate Windows Defender. However, when I tried to Enable it then it would say Windows Defender cannot be started: https://www.sordum.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/defender_can_not_be_started.png I...
  3. Microsoft Defender VS Microsoft Defender Antivirus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender VS Microsoft Defender Antivirus?: Today, I uninstalled the Microsoft Defender app on my device.However, in Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Security providers, Microsoft Defender Antivirus is listed as my Antivirus. When I click on "Open app" for Microsoft Defender Antivirus, it just redirects...
  4. Microsoft Defender VS Microsoft Defender Antivirus?

Microsoft Defender VS Microsoft Defender Antivirus?: Today, I uninstalled the Microsoft Defender app on my device.However, in Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Security providers, Microsoft Defender Antivirus is listed as my Antivirus. When I click on "Open app" for Microsoft Defender Antivirus, it just redirects...
  5. Microsoft Defender Smartscreen "Can't Run" *HELP*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Smartscreen "Can't Run" *HELP*: Hello,I can't download apps because of this microsoft defender smartscreen.. How can I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-smartscreen-cant-run-help/95b2bc05-329e-4e23-8455-41a0e7d4a208
  6. Microsoft Defender Smartscreen "Can't Run" *HELP*

Microsoft Defender Smartscreen "Can't Run" *HELP*: Hello,I can't download apps because of this microsoft defender smartscreen.. How can I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-smartscreen-cant-run-help/95b2bc05-329e-4e23-8455-41a0e7d4a208
  7. Need help with 'Microsoft Defender Antivirus found threat'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help with 'Microsoft Defender Antivirus found threat': Since last 15-16 hours, I am getting these notifications/alerts that Defender found threats. I did a quick scan, but it showed that no new threat found. Although the Quick Scan did not finish completely, it just stopped midway and showed that no new threat was there. Then I...
  8. SERIOUS HELP WITH MICROSOFT DEFENDER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SERIOUS HELP WITH MICROSOFT DEFENDER: HI so 15 mins ago my laptp said microsoft defender is turned off i tried to turn it on but it wont and says your IT has not given u enough permissions to views all apps idk what is that that appeared the first time while i go to that page before too! and then i restarted my...
  9. Microsoft Defender

Microsoft Defender: I run a full scan but it showing me threats for Trojan, exploitation, and other things. But after clicking on start action the process is going on for long and not stopping. How much time it takes to complete? Also the microsoft defender works slow after threats are...
  10. Microsoft defender

Microsoft defender: I was reading the news on the Microsoft web page and a pop-up appeared telling me that Windows defender had detected a problem it was on a red screen and then another pop-up appeared directing me to call a number. Paragraph I went to search on my phone and discovered that...