Windows 10: Help With Microsoft Kid Settings

Discus and support Help With Microsoft Kid Settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I go into "Your Family" -> "Manage My Child's Profile Info", I'm unable to change any content restrictions. [img] Any ideas? 146937 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ARAMP1, Dec 22, 2019.

1. ARAMP1 Win User

Help With Microsoft Kid Settings

When I go into "Your Family" -> "Manage My Child's Profile Info", I'm unable to change any content restrictions.

Help With Microsoft Kid Settings [​IMG]

Any ideas?

:)

ARAMP1, Dec 22, 2019
  2. GSquadron Win User

Microsoft trains kids

Hi,
    I am watching lately that Microsoft is training little kids on how to program (on youtube or even on TV from states around the world).
    This might be a genius step for some, but sincerely it seems more offending and irritating to me.
    It seems to me that Microsoft is using little kids and not every kid,
    but the kids of some daddy's who have a lot of money or power at hand.
    A true programmer, never does any courses, learns from teachers at school by getting
    good grades, hardly shows to public or something to do with 'commercial' ways.
    100% of the kids, which is ridiculous, show to public using TV.
    What do you think about this?

GSquadron, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 22, 2019
  4. mlee49 Win User

Microsoft trains kids

Why is this an issue?

The NBA, NFL, and countless other sports organizations tell children they will be sports stars. They aim directly towards kids and deploy entire market campaigns at children.

Many other companies strategically ploy the child market, who cares that Microsoft is doing it?

While it is ethically debatable it's not mind control. The best thing to come of this should be the parents step up and teach their children. Employing knowledge is much more powerful over marketing strategies by large corporations.

mlee49, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Help With Microsoft Kid Settings - Similar Threads - Help Microsoft Kid

2. microsoft store help me pls im a kid

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store help me pls im a kid: i cannt open microsoft store and its not working i have like this weird thing[ ! ] i try the wsreset.exe buti doesnt work i try troubleshoot help me comunity pls...
  3. microsoft store help me pls im a kid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store help me pls im a kid: i cannt open microsoft store and its not working i have like this weird thing[ ! ] i try the wsreset.exe buti doesnt work i try troubleshoot help me comunity pls...
  4. microsoft store help me pls im a kid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. setting restrictions for kids

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setting restrictions for kids: When I set time limits for my kids it will shut down their use after the set time. There is then a button where they can send an email to me to request more time or they can hit my parent is right here and I can enter my password to grant them more time. However, there is...
  6. Stop by kid editing settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop by kid editing settings: How to stop my kids to access settings,powershell,cmd,registry,safe mode,etc as through them he is bypassing the parental controls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-by-kid-editing-settings/11c97139-87e8-4a16-aeb3-31e46c1490da
  7. Setting up accounts for kids

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up accounts for kids: Hi I'd like to be able to set up two accounts for the kids on the laptop. One where they can access minecraft, roblox etc. The other where these are blocked so they can only access educational websites that I choose. Is there a way to do this please?...
  8. Microsoft Kids Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Kids Games: Hello! I am looking to download some Microsoft games on my PC that are educational and good for kids. I am trying to find games that have no in-app purchases, and don't require an internet connection once downloaded. Does anyone have any recommendations that they have...
  9. Family account setting for kids - set hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family account setting for kids - set hours: I'm trying to change the settings of the hours my kids can use the computer. Currently it is set to 6:30-21:30 Every time I try to change it I get a screen saying sorry something went wrong with an trace id like: TraceId: 4hRRRny/cEKPs0MY.3.17.70...
  10. No Sound for kids microsoft account. Help Pls.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound for kids microsoft account. Help Pls.: Hi everyone, I had created a kid's microsoft account for my pc, but strangely, when they sign in, the sound does not work at all. Eg., they go youtube to watch mtvs etc, they couldn't hear any sound. But when i checked the settings, was told the device is working properly....