Windows 10: Help with mstsc to prevent "requested session access is denied" w/ RDC

Discus and support Help with mstsc to prevent "requested session access is denied" w/ RDC in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; My problem in short: With Remote Desktop Connection I Get the error: “the requested session access is denied” with enhanced mode trying to login into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by inertia, Feb 19, 2016.

1. inertia Win User

Help with mstsc to prevent "requested session access is denied" w/ RDC

My problem in short: With Remote Desktop Connection I Get the error: “the requested session access is denied” with enhanced mode trying to login into my non-admin account on a VM. I can connect fine using non-enhanced mode.

So I am running win 10 pro, and within it a win 10 pro VM via hyper-v. Since I want to hear audio in the VM I am trying to connect with enhanced session mode. The remote desktop connection and audio works fine if I log into the VM with it’s adminaccount. However when trying to login to my non-admin account on the VM I get the error: “the requested session access is denied”.

I think the answer is already here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com...um=winserverTS

The answer in the link in short says:

A user trying to connect to a RDS host 2008 R2 (workgroup environment) got the error message "requested session access is denied". The user is member of the local remotedesktop user group and
    the permission "Allow logon via Remotedesktop servies" is granted.
    When granting administrative rights the issue will not appear.

Solution: Remove the /admin parameter in the remote desktop connection. The user was trying to connect to the RDS host console session. This of course will not work with user rights.

mstsc /admin
    mstsc /console
    mstsc

My admin skills are still developing and I don't really know what I am supposed to do here. Do I run this on this mstsc command on the host? Do I need to make sure some users are in the list before removing admin, and if so how?

Also note on my VM I added the VM’s Admin andthe non-admin account to allow logons through Remote Desktop Services via: Computer Configuration -> Windows settings -> Security Settings -> Local policies -> User Rights Assignment
    These services already contained Administrators as well.

Thanks

:)

inertia, Feb 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Concerning Windows 10, not Pro but the Home version, as Ahollister stated differently, users can search their root directory for "mstsc" in windows explorer.

After windows explorer finds all files with "mstsc" within the file name, sort the list and find the one that belongs here:

C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe

In the windows explorer window, right click on it, then choose to add to the desktop as a shortcut. Afterwards, click on it and discover that it's the same as Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) in Windows 7 Home.

Provide the usual information in the Computer field, located on the RDC dialogue box (i.e. pop up), such as 11.11.34.20, or whatever local address that gains access to the remote computer attempting to be accessed on an office network remotely.

Follow through in the same RDC dialogue box and add a user name and password in the User Name and Password fields then check the box to Save Credentials.

RobertTragesser, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Remote Issue

I am having an issue remotely connecting to a Windows 10 machine on my work domain. The error message I receive is "The requested session access is denied." The only KB I can find is something that pertains to Windows 2008 R2 machines, but nothing for
    Windows 10. Please assist. Thank you.

AlexLederer, Feb 19, 2016
  4. inertia Win User

It turns out my Pro version of windows was not whole because I upgraded it from Home to Pro and it was missing some features. Some Remote Desktop Policies were missing, which is why I was having issues. I hope to repair my install or may have to do a clean install.

inertia, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Help with mstsc to prevent "requested session access is denied" w/ RDC - Similar Threads - Help mstsc prevent

2. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied: I receive this message. Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.kingsoopers.com/" on this server.Reference #18.94bf2617.1662145515.2efa39f. The website address has "https:". I have tried different suggestions to fix this but they haven't helped....
  3. Enable or Disable Your remote session will be disconnected RDC prompt

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Your remote session will be disconnected RDC prompt: [ATTACH]If you enable RDC, you can increase the number of Remote Desktop Connections in Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer. In this post, we will show you how to Turn On or Off the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) prompt Your remote session will be disconnected in Windows...
  4. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access is denied: I try to get on Fox news website and I get a "access is denied" . how do I fix it? HP laptop w/win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-is-denied/4cdbc5fa-1e6b-42a6-aa48-1a36f8945e67
  5. RDC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDC: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Home laptop to Windows 10 Pro so I could use RDP/RDC between my home desktop and home laptop. I am presently unable to RDC my Win 10 Pro laptop to my Win 10 Pro desktop or vice versa. Details: -I have tried connecting from both directions;...
  6. C access denied help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C access denied help?: Need to fix it submitted by /u/IBexl_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktwu6x/c_access_denied_help/
  7. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied: I tried to turn on Windows Developer mode and it says "Access Denied". Can I get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/cb69b709-417b-4627-bf8b-c0afe456548a
  8. Access Denied

Access Denied: Until a week or so ago I was able to go to the Argos website, but now I am refused with an Access Denied message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/ca707c4d-a849-4099-8df1-dbd15ebbeb6d
  9. Fixboot Access Denied Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixboot Access Denied Help: I have the ever-so-popular logfiles srt srttrail.txt error showing up on my main computer, however when I try to fix it through suggestions on this website and other websites, I either don't solve the issue or I end up having to use bootrec /fixboot. I've already looked into...
  10. No Multiple/Concurrent RDC sessions after April Update 1803

No Multiple/Concurrent RDC sessions after April Update 1803: After Upgrading to Windows 10 RS4 1803 i lost the the ability of multiple rdc connections to my PC, i was using RDPwrappper and it indicates now that it's not supported in it's configurations. is there any way to be able to open concurrent rdc sessions with the update??...