Windows 10: Help with my Asus ROG laptop please!

Discus and support Help with my Asus ROG laptop please! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After a routine update my laptop keyboard stopped working! I checked with device manager and everything checks out except for a device called number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChachoLoco, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Help with my Asus ROG laptop please!

After a routine update my laptop keyboard stopped working! I checked with device manager and everything checks out except for a device called number pad don’t really know what that is. Im not very fluent with computer terms either so please be patient! This laptop was a gift to me if anyone ask why I have such computer and don’t understand much. Any help is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/ChachoLoco
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChachoLoco, Dec 17, 2019

2. Asus ROG. Opinions?

Hello,

I am planning on getting a gaming laptop and my #1 choice is the Asus ROG that is on sale on the online Microsoft store. I have heard split reviews about the Asus, some saying that it simply doesn't turn on to some saying it is fantastic. It obviously
    has a lot of capabilities and looking at its specs, it has a very powerful system however is it reliable enough for me to purchase or will it just be a waste of time. If it isn't reliable, then what would be a good backup computer to purchase.

Moved from Mobile Devices

Original title: Asus ROG

WilliamB15, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Devon68 Win User
    Help me decide on a gaming laptop

I'm not too familiar with laptops but if they are similar to the desktop versions I would suggest the ASUS ROG for gaming/working (video editing) and the ALIENWARE 15 for gaming should be enough.But if the price is very similar the ASUS ROG seems to be a better value.

I would choose the ASUS ROG.

Devon68, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Help with my Asus ROG laptop please!

ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing

You summed it up very nicely. Just add the extra information (both KB and Sleep fail if you uninstall the ATKPackage) to what you already have and they'll collect the data they need.

It's frustrating now, but there will be some solution offered by ASUS to MS. These types of drivers (programmable keyboards, backlit keyboards) are on the list to fix, but not high on the list *Wink

MS has to get network, display, chipset .... drivers working with Win10 before looking at the peripheral drivers.

You might want to write the same thing on the ASUS support page - address the issue from two sides (MS and ASUS). Who knows, ASUS might point you to another driver that works. I found one driver and offered it to you, there might be others I couldn't locate.

In any case, I think you and I have exhausted the options available in this type (forum) of trouble shooting. You did great, I appreciate the extra steps you took to better understand the issue. I really appreciate that you posted your results on your thread - that might help other members with a similar issue.

Please write a new post if / when you find a resolution - thanks.

Bill

Slartybart, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Help with my Asus ROG laptop please!

1. Help with my Asus ROG laptop please! - Similar Threads - Help Asus ROG

2. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  3. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  4. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  6. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  7. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop: This computer has games that I never use, so I was going to uninstall something relevant in apps & features. I got some warning I think that something else needed to be done, so I cancelled. After my next reboot, I noticed videos were playing with no audio. There is no audio....
  9. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop: This computer has games that I never use, so I was going to uninstall something relevant in apps & features. I got some warning I think that something else needed to be done, so I cancelled. After my next reboot, I noticed videos were playing with no audio. There is no audio....
  10. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade