Windows 10: Help with my Dell Inspiron 15 Going into Sleep Mode By Itself

Discus and support Help with my Dell Inspiron 15 Going into Sleep Mode By Itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past few weeks my laptop will go to sleep by itself. Usually this happens when the fan is also being loud so I suspected overheating but most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/darth_cadeh, May 8, 2020.

1. Help with my Dell Inspiron 15 Going into Sleep Mode By Itself

For the past few weeks my laptop will go to sleep by itself. Usually this happens when the fan is also being loud so I suspected overheating but most of the time the computer is warm but I've felt it go warmer at other times before and after the problem started. I also thought it might be a performance issue so I've kept task manager open in my second monitor so I can see what this looks like when the problem happens, but almost every time the CPU, RAM, and Disk usage are all at or below 60%. The strange thing is that when I turn it back on the CPU is usually at 100% and is being used up by the McAfee Antivirus that came installed on my computer and that I can't seem to uninstall.
    I don't know if this is accurate but it feels to me as if the problem happens only when I am using Firefox, even though other programs I use are more intensive.

It is a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series. I got it in 2017 and have only had one problem before this where the computer would randomly make buzzing sounds through any audio device (headphones, built in speakers, external speakers, etc.) and when I took it to IT at my school they told me it was a HDD problem. When I had the HDD replaced I saw that the old one had a dent in it and since then I haven't had any problems.

submitted by /u/darth_cadeh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/darth_cadeh, May 8, 2020

2. dell inspiron 15 tablet mode not working

my husband recently buy me a dell Inspiron 15 I am very upset because I have tried everything they suggested to switch from laptop to tablet mode and nothing seem to work that's very disappointed for me because I have RA, and SLE disease and severe osteoporosis:
    I need help with tablet mode, the touchscreen is not responding at all, thank you

nancychavarria1, May 8, 2020
  3. dell inspiron won't go to sleep

Hi Dave,

I appreciate your efforts and time.

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What and all steps have you tried so far?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Also, try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with computer not going Sleep . If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 8, 2020
  4. striper Win User

Help with my Dell Inspiron 15 Going into Sleep Mode By Itself

Dell Inspiron 3147 won't wake from sleep mode

I bought a second hand Dell Inspiron 3147. It's running the A12 BIOS. I can't for the life of me get it to wake from sleep.

I tried researching this issue but nothing seems to work. I have a fresh Windows 10 Home install. I went to the Dell website and downloaded all the suggested drivers. I looked for power management settings under keyboard but it is missing on my machine. It's also missing in the mouse options. I ran the follow command in an elevated command prompt: powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any. Doesn't show the keyboard or mouse as being able to wake the machine. The touchscreen was listed but that doesn't work. The power button is listed but it doesn't wake the machine either. I set all of the HID devices to be able to wake the laptop, no go.

In power options, I tried setting the machine to shutdown once the lid is closed but it just goes black. I tried setting it to do nothing but my touchpad driver crashes after the screen turns back on. I have to reboot using the keyboard every time....

Also, suspend mode doesn't work in linux which leads me to believe it's an issue with the BIOS. Should I try reverting to another BIOS?

I should mention that I did have to take this computer apart to install a new DC jack. I had to remove the main board in order to get to the DC jack. Any chance a loose connection could cause this issue?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

striper, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Help with my Dell Inspiron 15 Going into Sleep Mode By Itself

1. Help with my Dell Inspiron 15 Going into Sleep Mode By Itself - Similar Threads - Help Dell Inspiron

2. keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000: I switched out the keyboard on my gal laptop when I put everything back together it didn't want to start it And ask for a bit recovery key.. I entered the information but now it says attempting repairs but it has been saying that for quite some time should I turn it off and...
  3. keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard on dell inspiron 15 7000: I switched out the keyboard on my gal laptop when I put everything back together it didn't want to start it And ask for a bit recovery key.. I entered the information but now it says attempting repairs but it has been saying that for quite some time should I turn it off and...
  4. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  5. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  6. Need Help with Wifi and my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help with Wifi and my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Laptop: Good morning everyone, This sub has come through for me a couple of times and have been forever thankful...i have one issue that i cannot seem to resolve no matter how much i google, watch youtube videos i cannot get this to work...there might not even be a solution, but i...
  7. i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with network

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with network: windows 10 build 18363.836 157176
  8. i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with networkn

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with networkn: windows 10 build 18363.836 157176
  9. Dell Inspiron 15 5577 can't resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron 15 5577 can't resume from sleep: I have updated all my drivers and have tried pretty much everything possible. It seems as if after 3-5 days of using the PC. it just gives up and doesn't want to come back from sleep mode. See here for reference - No power from SSD when waking from sleep 132363
  10. dell inspiron 15 tablet mode not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell inspiron 15 tablet mode not working: my husband recently buy me a dell Inspiron 15 I am very upset because I have tried everything they suggested to switch from laptop to tablet mode and nothing seem to work that's very disappointed for me because I have RA, and SLE disease and severe osteoporosis: I need help...