Windows 10: Help with Network shares after March Update

Discus and support Help with Network shares after March Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computers (laptop and desktop acting as a server with 10 hard drives, Plex, radarr, NZBGet, Blue Iris, etc.) have just updated to the newest version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hockeyfreak67, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Help with Network shares after March Update

My computers (laptop and desktop acting as a server with 10 hard drives, Plex, radarr, NZBGet, Blue Iris, etc.) have just updated to the newest version of Windows during this March update, and now my home networking shares are broken. I have tried everything I could find on many websites (some listed below).

Basically, all I need is all the shares I created on my server (headless, I remote in to tweak) to be visible under the networking section in Windows Explorer. I have all the advanced sharing turned on, set up, password protected off, etc. The mapped drive I use most in explorer kept asking for credentials, which I thought is turned off, but I entered my user info and at least it's working. Under the network section, neither computer showed itself or the other at first, and through one of the steps in the links, I got the server to show itself, but not the laptop. Neither computer will show the other.

I run Norton 360 which I totally uninstalled, turned off the Windows Defender firewall, and it made no difference. I also use PFSense and have an allow-all rule from my .40 network (family network DNS filtered) and .50 network (Unfiltered, work, and adults network). That's always worked and nothing has changed there. If both computers are on .50, I can see the server from the laptop, but it doesn't show itself anymore, from the server I can't see the laptop, and it does show itself. If the laptop is on .40 and server .50, mapped drive works from the laptop, can't see the server and doesn't show itself, the server shows itself and can't see the laptop.

I'm totally stumped.

Some of the sites I've tried with advice:

http://woshub.com/network-computers-not-showing-windows-10/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...5bd-bfc1-4ef9-b270-6996d8726d08?auth=1&page=2

https://www.easeus.com/computer-instruction/fix-windows-10-file-sharing-not-working.html#:~:text=Click%20%22Start%22%20%3E%20%22Control,%22Save%20changes%22%20to%20confirm

submitted by /u/Hockeyfreak67
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hockeyfreak67, Mar 14, 2021

2. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Help with Network shares after March Update

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Help with Network shares after March Update

1. Help with Network shares after March Update - Similar Threads - Help Network shares

2. Help with sorting out network sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with sorting out network sharing: I have spent hours and hours on this and seem to be stuck.I have 3 PCs on my private network, all running Windows 11. Mine is A, my wife's is B, the file server is now C.I just replaced one of them D which served as our network storage and also runs a Plex server.I moved the...
  3. Help with sorting out network sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with sorting out network sharing: I have spent hours and hours on this and seem to be stuck.I have 3 PCs on my private network, all running Windows 11. Mine is A, my wife's is B, the file server is now C.I just replaced one of them D which served as our network storage and also runs a Plex server.I moved the...
  4. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE: Hello Sir, I'm using Windows 10 from many years but during past 6 month I'm facing issue with my windows 10 that after updating windows 10 My all other PC's which are connected with my computer through LAN they count not connect to the Printer now, I have Printer named Canon...
  5. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE: Hello Sir, I'm using Windows 10 from many years but during past 6 month I'm facing issue with my windows 10 that after updating windows 10 My all other PC's which are connected with my computer through LAN they count not connect to the Printer now, I have Printer named Canon...
  6. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Need help with network sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with network sharing: Hi I'm using a program called pdanet+ so that I can play on my ps4 and I have 2 laptops One has windows 10 and one has windows 8 The windows 8 laptop is from 2014 but it does a faster job than my beefy windows 10 laptop is there any way to make my windows 10 laptop make a...
  8. Update March 2020 - Network status "Not connected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update March 2020 - Network status "Not connected": Hi After update on March 2020 - possible KB4540673 - network status starts show "Not connected" but Internet is still working in browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc.. Microsoft Office licensing service doesn't work though Outlook shows "Need password", and by clicking on it...
  9. Update Broke Network Sharing - Help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update Broke Network Sharing - Help!: Ugh -- network with 15 Win 10 machines running build 1803. With an insane amount of work, we made it past HomeGroup removal last May, & network sharing was working fine until yesterday. Two computers got the update to build 1809 yesterday, and that seriously broke sharing...
  10. Market Share March 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share March 2018: Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. NetMarketShare suggests that W7 & W10 both decreased slightly and XP went up. *Confused StatCounter shows W10 increasing and W7 decreasing. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size)...