Windows 10: help with no boot device found

Discus and support help with no boot device found in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have one SSD with windows 10 installed, I have already slaved it to another pc to copy data off the drive, so I know the SSD itself is not bad. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ron7000, Jul 2, 2018.

1. ron7000 Win User

help with no boot device found

Have one SSD with windows 10 installed,
    I have already slaved it to another pc to copy data off the drive, so I know the SSD itself is not bad.
    However when I try to boot it, the BIOS (EFI) says no boot device found, this happens using two different motherboards which I know are good and have successfully booted this SSD in the past.
    What is the best way to go about restoring the boot functionality or at least finding out specifically what the problem is?
    Right now: push power button, BIOS/EFI goes through POST then ends with black screen white lettering saying no boot device found.

:)

ron7000, Jul 2, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Boot Device not found

Hi Alan,

Corrupted system files or it boot to a different hard drive that it why you received the message Boot Device no found. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to perform automatic repair:

• Force turn off your computer/device 3 times until you reach the Automatic Repair environment.
    • On the list of options under Advance options, choose Start-up Repair and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 2, 2018
  3. Deepika Gowda Win User
    Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 2, 2018
  4. Corduroy_Jr Win User

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. help with no boot device found - Similar Threads - help boot device

2. Boot device not found?! Help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot device not found?! Help!!: I have an hp stream 11 and I'm stuck. It's now saying no boot device found and when I perform the esc then f2 trick it takes me to an old looking bios page and the only options are memory test and storage test...cant find hardware tests or component tests or anything...idk...
  3. Boot Device Not Found Please install operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Device Not Found Please install operating system: This has been a constant issue for the last several weeks. Resetting the BIOs to factory settings is only a temporary fix. How can this problem be resolved?...
  4. NO Boot Device Found after regular windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    NO Boot Device Found after regular windows update: Hello guys and Gals, i have been updating one of my laptops regular before and after the Anniversary update and never had an issue untill, the update i did last night, After windows told me to update , i did, and on a restart windows told me that there was no boot device...
  5. No audio input device found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio input device found: Cortana 't respond to my voice after recognising "Hey Cortana". Other voice inputs like Ok Google work fine. Help!!! 64287
  6. Boot Device Not Found + Problem with Reflect restore attempt

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Device Not Found + Problem with Reflect restore attempt: You all likely know this already, but-- When I ran Dban to wipe the drive, the Start command of F10 along the bottom of the screen had no effect. The program just sat there. Fn + F10 worked (after staring at the screen for several minutes pissed ;-) Mark
  7. Device for image not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device for image not found: Hello I have just upgraded from W8.1 to W10. Before the upgrade, I could save system images to my USB disk (WD MyPassport Ultra) without problems. After upgrade, the backup/image programme cannot find the device. The programme stops with an error message, saying (in my...
  8. No boot device found for cloned SSD on external USB drive

No boot device found for cloned SSD on external USB drive: Trying to install a new Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1 Tb hard drive on my Dell Latitude E7470 laptop with Windows 10, but my Dell won't recognize the old drive in an external USB 3.0 case. I intended to boot up with the old drive in the USB case, then clone the old drive onto the new...
  9. No Device Driver found

No Device Driver found: Hi, I'm attempting to dual boot windows 7 and Windows 10 preview, however when I run the setup I get up to point where it wants me to choose the drive where I want to install, but before I get to that point I get the following message. "A required CD/DVD device drivers...
  10. "Boot Device Not Found" - but hitting "Enter" afterward PC boots fine

in Windows 10 Support
    "Boot Device Not Found" - but hitting "Enter" afterward PC boots fine: I had to buy a new (SSD) HD and had trouble booting from a disc until I enabled Legacy Mode and disabled Secure Boot in BIOS. Now whenever I boot up I get a "No Boot Device Found" message until I hit "Enter" at which point i'm allowed entry into my precious Win10 laptop....