Windows 10: Help With OneDrive and File Libraries

Discus and support Help With OneDrive and File Libraries in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I recently installed a new hard drive to my laptop, in addition to the small ssd I had been using. I backed up all my files, and started moving my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Oscar Stomberg, May 23, 2020.

1. Help With OneDrive and File Libraries

So I recently installed a new hard drive to my laptop, in addition to the small ssd I had been using. I backed up all my files, and started moving my files to the E: drive. During this process, I also uninstalled onedrive, because I dont want it. I successfully relocated all my files, but some problems arose. The library shortcuts all worked, except for documents and pictures, which pointed to folders in the onedrive folder, still in my C: drive. When I tried to delete the onedrive folder, it would reappear soon after. While it was deleted, the shortcuts for pictures and documents would give an error when you tried to open them. I went into their properties, and tried to point them to the new folder location, but it wouldn't let me. How can I get it to work correctly? How do I let windows know that no, I dont want all my pictures and documents in onedrive! Also, windows created some weird system files folder which is empty in the E: drive which I can't delete. Why is this? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Oscar Stomberg, May 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, May 23, 2020
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Library Folders and Onedrive

Keith

I have now done the Location Move on the folders affected

One change has shown up. Previously even though a Folder location was changed the original folder remained, you suggested deleting it after removing it from the Library. In the past I have left it where it was to allow programs that refer to the Documents
    folder via the UNC path to still have somewhere to drop files.

However after the move I found the Library now only had one path listed (in OneDrive) and it had been removed from the original location. So the result is as you suggested but I didn't have to do it.

I know there was an issue with build 1809 deleting files when it removed the folder (there were none in mine anyway) but this computer is build 1803.

HairyFool, May 23, 2020
  4. Help With OneDrive and File Libraries

OneDrive adding folders to Library

I found a workaround for this problem. You can use a tool to automatically delete the OneDrive folders from your libraries every time you log on to your PC.

Here are step-by-step instructions:

Step 1. Go to Windows Libraries Command-Line Tools - The Grim Admin and download the tool

Step 2. Extract the downloaded .zip folder, open the "ShLib" folder and move the file "ShLib.exe" to %userprofile%

Step 3. Press the Windows key and type "Task Scheduler", press Enter

Step 4. In the Task Scheduler application, select "Create Basic Task" on the right

Step 5. Enter any name for the task and click Next

Step 6. Select "When I log on" and click Next

Step 7. Select "Start a program" and click Next

Step 8. Under "Program/script", enter the path of the "ShLib.exe" file you downloaded

Step 9. Under "Add arguments", enter the following:

remove "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms" "%userprofile%OneDrive\Music"

(this will remove the OneDrive folder from your Music Library)

Step 10. Click Next, then select "Open the properties dialogue for this task when I click Finish" at the bottom, then click Finish

Step 11. In the Properties window, go to the "Triggers" tab

Step 12. Select the "At log on" trigger and click Edit at the bottom

Step 13. Check "Delay task for" and enter "1 minute", then click OK

Step 14. In the Properties window, go to the "Actions" tab

Step 15. Click "New" at the bottom

Step 16. Under "Program/script", enter the path of the "ShLib.exe" file you downloaded

Step 17. Under "Add arguments", enter the following:

remove "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Pictures.library-ms" "%userprofile%OneDrive\Pictures"

(this will remove the OneDrive folder from your Pictures Library)

Step 18. Click OK

Step 19. Click "New" at the bottom

Step 20. Under "Program/script", enter the path of the "ShLib.exe" file you downloaded

Step 21. Under "Add arguments", enter the following:

remove "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms" "%userprofile%OneDrive\Documents"

(this will remove the OneDrive folder from your Documents Library)

Step 22. Click OK, then OK again, and you're done!

Emil Junker, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Help With OneDrive and File Libraries

1. Help With OneDrive and File Libraries - Similar Threads - Help OneDrive File

2. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  3. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  4. Problem with onedrive libraries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with onedrive libraries: Hi,I have removed OneDrive a long time ago. Since then, I had 2 libraries of pictures and documents. They used different path.The path I want to keep is this one : C:\Users\%user%\Pictures C:\Users\%user%\DocumentsThe folder I want to remove is that one :...
  5. Problem with onedrive libraries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with onedrive libraries: Hi,I have removed OneDrive a long time ago. Since then, I had 2 libraries of pictures and documents. They used different path.The path I want to keep is this one : C:\Users\%user%\Pictures C:\Users\%user%\DocumentsThe folder I want to remove is that one :...
  6. Problem with onedrive libraries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Help Fixing File Libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Fixing File Libraries: So I recently installed a new hard drive to my laptop, in addition to the small ssd I had been using. I backed up all my files, and started moving my files to the E: drive. During this process, I also uninstalled onedrive, because I dont want it. I successfully relocated all...
  8. Move Library Folders to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Library Folders to OneDrive: I seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the process to move folders to OneDrive. I've followed all the directions that I've found and can't seem to get the locations moved. When I attempt to select a new location it simply keeps coming back to the "New Location"...
  9. Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?: Alright guys, I actually do use OneDrive, and I am not trying to remove the app entirely. However, it seems like if I remove the OneDrive folder from my libraries (music, pictures, documents), next boot they show right back up. This is incredibly annoying as I actually...
  10. Library adds onedrive automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Library adds onedrive automatically: Hello everyone. I have my pictures, documents, music and videos organised on a seperate HDD and added them to the Librarys so that I get rid of these annoying folders which several programs add to documents/pictures in the User-Folder. Now with Windows 10 I have got the...