Windows 10: Help with Open Shell customizations

Discus and support Help with Open Shell customizations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've managed to set almost everything like I want except two things: I'd like the menu to be higher (it's currently lower than how it is in W7), and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bersekz, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Bersekz Win User

Help with Open Shell customizations

I've managed to set almost everything like I want except two things: I'd like the menu to be higher (it's currently lower than how it is in W7), and I'd like to change the behaviour of the "Control Panel" button in the menu: it always opens Control Panel with the "View by" set to "Large icons", while I'd prefer to have "Category" as my default view.

:)

Bersekz, Jul 8, 2020

2. Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 8, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Open Shell

Okay if you've got it launching on boot and there are still problems I'd be inclined to uncheck the boot option then uninstall it and maybe try ethel's suggestion.

Callender, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Help with Open Shell customizations - Similar Threads - Help Open Shell

2. Windows Shell help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Shell help: My Windows got "managed" after they did the same to my browser, both hacks were fixed by my PC guy with him needing to delete my windows account and rename it. But my Windows Shell Experience Host Location tab will not open nor will the properties tab. Think they are using...
  3. open shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  4. open shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  5. open shell

6. Open shell menu

Open shell menu: Anyone know if Open Shell Menu will work in win 11 ? 181208
  7. Open Shell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Shell: Those who use or have used Open Shell in the past may understand. I wanted to use a backup which is like an "xslm" file or something like that. I just don't know how to do it or locate the back up. Any help? submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments]...
  8. A look at Open Shell (Classic Shell fork)

in Windows 10 News
    A look at Open Shell (Classic Shell fork): Open Shell is a fork of the popular discontinued Classic Shell program for Windows that may restore a classic Start Menu, Explorer and Internet Explorer shell on the system. Classic Shell was a popular program for Windows that restored functionality in Windows versions that...
  9. Customizing items in shell desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing items in shell desktop folder?: Hi, I hope this is the right forum. Is it possible to remove/add items in the shell (virtual) desktop folder? I can't find any information anywhere on how to do this, only the "This PC" folder. This is the folder/items I'm talking about [img] 101509
  10. launching apps from custom shell?

launching apps from custom shell?: I am using win 10 as the base for an htpc. My plan was to change the shell from explorer.exe to kodi.exe for a more seamless experience, no background no notifications etc. This works great except that if I try to launch any apps, Netflix and Perfect Tube, I get the error,...