Windows 10: Help with perfmon

Discus and support Help with perfmon in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Question for any performance monitor pros. I have a workstation where %committed bytes increases 27% over 14 hr period. This equates to approx 4.5gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/breadfan78, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Help with perfmon

Question for any performance monitor pros.

I have a workstation where %committed bytes increases 27% over 14 hr period. This equates to approx 4.5gb of VM on a 8GB RAM system. Commit limit was at 17.6GB at the time.

Nothing is adding up to the 4.5gb increase. I checked priv bytes, handles, threads, pools...priv bytes total only increased by 129mb...

What else could be contributing to the increase in commit charge?

submitted by /u/breadfan78
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/breadfan78, Nov 4, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 4, 2019
  3. belzebub Win User
    Perfmon issue with CPU Frequency

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but it does look right! *Smile Help with perfmon :)

I tried to search for this issue but I cant come up with a solution:

What I want:
    I try to use perfmon to display the current cpu frequency (by core) for rainmeter.

What it does:
    Nothing. Frequency is just empty. Only shows 0.

Other counters etc show data, frequency just shows 0 tho. Is that an issue with perfmon
    or does it maybe not support my hardware setup?
    Using Asus M4A79XTD Evo with PhenomII x4 955 on Win7 x64.
    Maybe its not supported for this chipset afterall, but I cannot find any proof.
    Greetings and thanks for your help! *Smile Help with perfmon :)

belzebub, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Help with perfmon

perfmon /report

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as the PC is facing a high average interrupts/processor. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What are troubleshooting steps that you have performed to resolve this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Method 1: Update the Display Adapter driver from device manager.

1. Press Windows + X, select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapter.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices one by one and click on Update Driver.
    4. Please restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Launch PC in Safe mode.

Please refer this
    safe mode
    article and start the PC in safe mode. If the issue persist in safe mode then perform clean boot in safe mode environment, please follow the steps mentioned in this

clean boot
    article. A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, if the issue doesn’t persist in safe mode, then try clean boot in normal mode, so that you can determine whether a background
    program is interfering and causing this issue.

Clean Boot Disclaimer: A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with
    your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

Also refer the article on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    and check if that helps.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Help with perfmon

1. Help with perfmon - Similar Threads - Help perfmon

2. Need Help with BSOD Errors!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with BSOD Errors!: Hello,I've had the most annoying BSOD issue ever. I get constant system restarts randomly when I could just be installing something, system idle, login to Windows, gaming... At this point I have replaced motherboard, cpu, ram, psu, and NVME SSD. I've also reinstalled Windows...
  3. Need Help with BSOD Errors!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help with BSOD Errors!: Hello,I've had the most annoying BSOD issue ever. I get constant system restarts randomly when I could just be installing something, system idle, login to Windows, gaming... At this point I have replaced motherboard, cpu, ram, psu, and NVME SSD. I've also reinstalled Windows...
  4. My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447I have tried everything I can find to fix the issue. When I open task manager, there is no apps running except for task manager. Explorer does not show for it to be restarted, even when I 'run new task' and turn explorer on...
  5. My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...

My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447I have tried everything I can find to fix the issue. When I open task manager, there is no apps running except for task manager. Explorer does not show for it to be restarted, even when I 'run new task' and turn explorer on...
  6. i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this: Hi Team,I have forgot the bitlocker key for the D: Drive i need help in unlocking this.Thanks,Thrivikram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgot-the-bitlocker-key-for-d-drive-i-need/4d940327-cca2-4616-a61c-72772a5e2c15
  7. i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this

i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this: Hi Team,I have forgot the bitlocker key for the D: Drive i need help in unlocking this.Thanks,Thrivikram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgot-the-bitlocker-key-for-d-drive-i-need/4d940327-cca2-4616-a61c-72772a5e2c15
  8. Multiple BSODS - Help Analyzing Minidumps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODS - Help Analyzing Minidumps: Hello! I was wondering if someone might be able to assist me. I have a new computer running Windows 11 that's rebooted with a BSOD several times in the last 48 hours. I've uploaded the minidumps here:...
  9. Help needed to resolve Perfmon reporting errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed to resolve Perfmon reporting errors: Hi, much appreciate your advice on what is the wrong from Perfmon's diagnostic report. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-needed-to-resolve-perfmon-reporting-errors/df0fba0c-583e-463e-9b61-8b2255eb1271
  10. Help needed to resolve Perfmon reporting errors

Help needed to resolve Perfmon reporting errors: Hi, much appreciate your advice on what is the wrong from Perfmon's diagnostic report. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-needed-to-resolve-perfmon-reporting-errors/df0fba0c-583e-463e-9b61-8b2255eb1271