Windows 10: Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings

Discus and support Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i'm working on cleaning up/out a Veeeeery long running windows install. group policy, task scheduler, and event viewer touching up are on the to-do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Feb 4, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings

So i'm working on cleaning up/out a Veeeeery long running windows install. group policy, task scheduler, and event viewer touching up are on the to-do.

Problem is, I cant get past the first annoyance Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings :p

So ive installed the RSAT tools to afford me the ability to clean out the GP registry via powershell.

ive followed this sdmsoftware.com/group-policy-blog/tips-tricks/removing-extra-registry-settings-from-gpos/ as best as I can, however I dont know the -Name as I didnt create the policy much less have any idea where its smooshed away it.

Without providing that, it asks me for the guid instead. And thats where my face meets wall. No clue how to find the GUID of a policy that I never knew existed until I ran rsop.msc

anyone have anything for me? Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings :p

:)

klepp0906, Feb 4, 2020

2. Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Feb 4, 2020
  3. LGPO-– Local Group Policy Object Utility

Dear Team,

Good Morning!!

Currently I am using LGPO tool for Group Policy Backup and Restore. I need help me on Registry Settings Backup Parameters list.

LGPO tool which Group Policy Settings taking backup, So I need a complete list of Registry Settings which are getting Backed up during Group Policy Backup through LGPO tool.

May I request you to please do the needful.

Awaiting for your valuable response.

Thank you in Advance.

Best Regards,

SHANTARAM GAWADE, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings

Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings

1. Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings - Similar Threads - Help powershell group

2. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy for Powershell Execution: I enabled "Turn on Script Execution" and only allow signed scripts previously.However, I would like to bypass policy for one specific powershell script without changing my group policy.Is there any way of doing so?I have tried to using the -executionpolicy bypass -file but it...
  3. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy for Powershell Execution: I enabled "Turn on Script Execution" and only allow signed scripts previously.However, I would like to bypass policy for one specific powershell script without changing my group policy.Is there any way of doing so?I have tried to using the -executionpolicy bypass -file but it...
  4. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Help Changing Group Policy settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Changing Group Policy settings: [ATTACH] Can someone please explain how to change my settings so none of my 'settings is managed by my organisation'? I would be very greatfull https://preview.redd.it/zoqpquteae161.png?width=399&format=png&auto=webp&s=2a0be310619ca33dcfd381aa87cccb8f6174073d...
  6. Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting: Hey Guys (Group Policy set via Windows Server 2019 (1809 templates installed, Clients are Windows 10 1809) For any Firewall rules I set via Group Policy, on the client they show as "Extra Registry Settings" in RSOP Can anyone please confirm if this is correct/ how it should...
  7. NEED HELP!!!!!! Registry key was changed using Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NEED HELP!!!!!! Registry key was changed using Group Policy: Hacker acceded my computer remotely and changed my registry key using group policy. Malware is affecting exploerer and chrome as well as other apps. I can still log into my account but can't do much even though I am the administrator. I don't know what to do ?!?!...
  8. Windows 10 - Local Group Policy (PowerShell)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Local Group Policy (PowerShell): I been looking online and I cant find much on how to automate local group policies for a stand-alone workstation. Not connected to a domain controller or active directory. I wanted to use powershell to do this. Anyone got an idea or point me in the right direction to...
  9. PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry: it was detected as bad by dell who used Norton power eraser to locate the issues in my computer, Norton says they can not fix it, that Microsoft needs to fix it , I came to micorosoft to get help a tech, tried to reinstall Microsoft windows, after the computer restarted a...
  10. Group Policy Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Settings: I just installed an update, lost my Stickies - destroying my world, & my default app settings are changing on their own. I contacted Microsoft after exhausting all available info online, had a remote session, 2 chats, and it is still broken. Does anyone know the steps to...