Windows 10: Help with Recyling Bin and External Hard-drive.

Discus and support Help with Recyling Bin and External Hard-drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Support Team, My exroommate out of spite before evicting him erased all of my pictures from my external harddrive from travels abroad. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cloning Hardrive Question, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Help with Recyling Bin and External Hard-drive.

Dear Support Team,

My exroommate out of spite before evicting him erased all of my pictures from my external harddrive from travels abroad. Can someone please help me undelete it? I happen to recover the: $Recycle.BIN folder; however, I cannot extract the information from it and need someone's help to do that portion please.

An American in East-Europe.

Kind Regards,

Drago Andjelic

:)

Cloning Hardrive Question, Oct 29, 2019

2. Managing a recycle bin on an external drive

Hi,

Your external hard drive has its own recycle bin folder where the deleted files from it are stored. In order to delete those deleted files, we need to access first the recycle bin folder of the external hard drive. Follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • At the top menu, click View.
    • On the right pane, click Options > Change folder and search options.
    • In the Folder options window, click the View tab.
    • Under the Advanced settings, tick or select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once saved, try to access your external hard drive. Its recycle bin should now be visible. You may then open the recycle bin folder and delete the files inside it.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Help with Recyling Bin and External Hard-drive.

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Help with Recyling Bin and External Hard-drive.

1. Help with Recyling Bin and External Hard-drive. - Similar Threads - Help Recyling Bin

2. Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.: I have started to get a popup stating "The Recycle Bin on F:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?". Clicking on either option has seemingly no effect and the popup just reappears after a few seconds. This started immediately after I tried...
  3. Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.: I have started to get a popup stating "The Recycle Bin on F:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?". Clicking on either option has seemingly no effect and the popup just reappears after a few seconds. This started immediately after I tried...
  4. Recyle Bin Question

Recyle Bin Question: Since I've gone to win 10, when in the recycle bin, abd I click Empty Recy Bin, I still see the files in there. I close the Rec Bin, open it and all files are gone.is that how it should be working, seeing the files after I click Empty Bin?...
  5. Recyle Bin issues

Recyle Bin issues: I am only able to permanently delete items. I cannot move items to the Recycle Bin. I've tried to select the radio button "Custom size:..." and NOT select "Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted." However, this does not work and all items...
  6. recyle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    recyle bin: my recyle bin clears itself - can't find a setting to stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recyle/8da8a283-341c-49e8-b150-48fa7580feea
  7. reload recyling bin

reload recyling bin: reload recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reload-recyling/8e65ff81-13da-4a15-abcd-b12f7c877a75
  8. Recyle Bin

Recyle Bin: I am unable to pin by recycle bin to the start icons. I go to settings, personalization, themes, click on desktop icon settings, choose recycle bin, apply, ok. Does not show up. I cannot see my desktop anymore, just the one with the icons. Please help....
  9. Corrupted Recyle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Recyle Bin: I downloaded Malwarebytes and after I ran it, my recycle bin became corrupted. Instead of just restoring everything, as I should have, when a prompt came to empty it, I clicked yes, because I "knew" there was nothing in there that I wanted to save. However, I keep getting a...
  10. Can I Add Flash Drive To Recyle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Add Flash Drive To Recyle Bin?: Would it be possible to add a flash drive to my Recycle Bin? Found this utility (iBin) https://sourceforge.net/projects/ibin/ but was not sure if it works with Windows 10. Thanks in advance 110069