Windows 10: Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account

Discus and support Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I installed windows, I used a local account but recently had to login to get a application from the Microsoft Store. After I logged in, I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BcuzWhyNawt, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account

When I installed windows, I used a local account but recently had to login to get a application from the Microsoft Store.

After I logged in, I noticed that my account had bound to it and went into my settings to find the option where I could login with a local account instead where it usually was under the verify your Microsoft account section.

When I checked, it wasn’t there. Please help.

submitted by /u/BcuzWhyNawt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BcuzWhyNawt, Nov 5, 2019

2. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account

Mindweaver, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account

1. Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account - Similar Threads - Help replacement Microsoft

2. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account: My elderly uncle has WIN10 and was using a Microsoft Account to log in. He has long forgotten the password and I've been through the password recovery process 3 times and failed every one.I've been supporting him over the phone as I'm in another state.I want to create a new...
  3. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account: My elderly uncle has WIN10 and was using a Microsoft Account to log in. He has long forgotten the password and I've been through the password recovery process 3 times and failed every one.I've been supporting him over the phone as I'm in another state.I want to create a new...
  4. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Local account and Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Local account and Microsoft account: Hi, I recently switched my windows 10 computer from the Microsoft account to a local account. Since I have no use for the "Microsoft account", that is the Microsoft account online to which my windows 10 is connected, can I delete the Microsoft account? I don't use any...
  6. Local Account / Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account / Microsoft Account: I have a desktop & a laptop and on both the devices I have logged in with my Microsoft account, but unlike my desktop when I login to my laptop, it makes me sign with a password not a pin which I had setup myself in Settings>Sign-in options>Password. To remove this I simply...
  7. Local account to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Local account to microsoft account?: So my microsft account is linked with a activated windows theres no problem with that. I built a pc and before installing windows with a local account i have some question. I know you can log in with your microsoft account after seting it up with a local account but will the...
  8. Microsoft account or local account ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  9. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  10. Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account: I've created a dummy email account for outlook but little did I know the microsoft email links to the Windows 10.Now I cannot reset my password + I don't know the password and I'm locket out of Windows 10. I've installed Windows 7 and I can access the win10 files.Is there a...