Windows 10: Help with Reset PC and Appdata

Discus and support Help with Reset PC and Appdata in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I reset my PC on October 31 because I kept getting blue screens and this face :( , but now my computer is fine. However most of my Appdata files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MinecraftHypixelNerd, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Help with Reset PC and Appdata

I reset my PC on October 31 because I kept getting blue screens and this face Help with Reset PC and Appdata :( , but now my computer is fine. However most of my Appdata files are now gone. The biggest thing I really miss is my .minecraft folder, which had all my minecraft screenshots and worlds. Two years worth of test worlds, screenshots and survival worlds all deleted because my computer failed on me! Dammit Microsoft please be more clear with your wording on "personal files"! I mean no point in complaining now, what's done is done already.

I tried going in windows.old (for some reason, there was also a folder called windows.old (1) ) and the only thing I found in a .minecraft was the 2 resource packs I was using at the time and they were broken.

Is there a way to still restore my files? I checked just about everywhere in the two windows.old folders without any luck. I have spent hours and hours on Minecraft, being the biggest no life that I am. I searched online and some people said that everything in the appdata file goes in windows.old, but someone else said everything from the appdata will be cleared because all third-party or non-microsoft apps are deleted.

P.S. Microsoft please make a license with Daddy Sakurai and add Steve for Smash DLC or bad

:)

MinecraftHypixelNerd, Nov 13, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 13, 2018
  3. deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 13, 2018
  4. EarthDog Win User

Help with Reset PC and Appdata

1070 Overheat Crash x(

Yes try it again... lol... we were waiting for that!

You have steps listed....try to find a another pc to try...try to reset the bios and see if that for some reason would help. But yes, try putting it back in. If not, id say rma time.

EarthDog, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Help with Reset PC and Appdata

1. Help with Reset PC and Appdata - Similar Threads - Help Reset Appdata

2. Help With Resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help With Resetting PC: I recently got a desktop tower and I have been trying to reset it to its factory settings. However, it refuses to do so.The tower model is the HP Z1 Entry Tower G5. And I was not told about this, but the tower was apparently once a work computer as the login looks to be for a...
  3. Help With Resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help With Resetting PC: I recently got a desktop tower and I have been trying to reset it to its factory settings. However, it refuses to do so.The tower model is the HP Z1 Entry Tower G5. And I was not told about this, but the tower was apparently once a work computer as the login looks to be for a...
  4. Help With Resetting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA: hello i was trying to move my Roaming Folder from AppData to Drive D: but I set the location to D: instead of D:/roaming using "Change location" on the properties of the roaming folder now my entire Drive D: is considered as the roaming folder and all the folders and files...
  6. Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA: hello i was trying to move my Roaming Folder from AppData to Drive D: but I set the location to D: instead of D:/roaming using "Change location" on the properties of the roaming folder now my entire Drive D: is considered as the roaming folder and all the folders and files...
  7. Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Help with Resetting PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Resetting PC: So, I'm pretty lost at the moment and was hoping someone might have some advice/suggestions. My son's PC had a Windows update a few weeks ago and he noticed some hiccups every now and then. Yesterday morning, he tried doing an update for AMD Radeon Software Adrenaline...
  9. PC RESET HELP

PC RESET HELP: If I reset my windows 10 PC and chosse to keep all the files, will it still delete everything in my Downloads folder. I'm not sure because the Downloads folder is in C drive. submitted by /u/bullerproof_idea [link] [comments]...
  10. Help resetting PC

Help resetting PC: I’ve been trying to reset my laptop and got a message that says: “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help get things working again” Then it gives steps to update and to hit next. When I hit next, it says “just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell does reset this PC delete appdata