Windows 10: Help with resetting pin to log into computer

Discus and support Help with resetting pin to log into computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HatchFamily1, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to my microsoft account. When I try to do that, it says it doesn't recognize my account. But I can sign into my account by going to office.com, so I am not sure why when I try to access my account from the pin reset page, it doesn't recognize my account.

:)

HatchFamily1, Jan 13, 2022

2. How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Help with resetting pin to log into computer [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

Help with resetting pin to log into computer

1. Help with resetting pin to log into computer - Similar Threads - Help resetting pin

2. Trying to reset another pin to log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reset another pin to log in.: I forgot my pin to log in. I can log in with my fingerprint. The reason I need a pin is to allow a company I'm sending it to do a repair.My issue is with Authenticating too....
  3. Help resetting pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help resetting pin: I changed my pin because my roommate kept using my laptop but instead of changing it just started using both and when I tried to fix that by changing it it said incorrect pin so I used a random pin as example to try and get my friend to help my change it but the pin went...
  4. Help resetting pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help resetting pin: I changed my pin because my roommate kept using my laptop but instead of changing it just started using both and when I tried to fix that by changing it it said incorrect pin so I used a random pin as example to try and get my friend to help my change it but the pin went...
  5. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with resetting pin to log into computer: I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to my microsoft account. When I try to do that, it says it doesn't recognize my account. But I can sign into my account by...
  6. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

Help with resetting pin to log into computer: I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to my microsoft account. When I try to do that, it says it doesn't recognize my account. But I can sign into my account by...
  7. Help with logging into Windows / Resetting PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with logging into Windows / Resetting PIN: I have a Windows computer that I have used for 2+ years with a password for logging in. Recently upon restart, the computer asked for a PIN to login - to the best of my knowledge I have not enabled a PIN for login on this account/computer, but somehow it asks for a PIN. I...
  8. Help with logging into Windows / Resetting PIN

Help with logging into Windows / Resetting PIN: I have a Windows computer that I have used for 2+ years with a password for logging in. Recently upon restart, the computer asked for a PIN to login - to the best of my knowledge I have not enabled a PIN for login on this account/computer, but somehow it asks for a PIN. I...
  9. Help with logging into Windows / Resetting PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Log Into Windows - Forgot PIN - Factory Reset Computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log Into Windows - Forgot PIN - Factory Reset Computer?: Hello, I am trying to virtually help my computer-illiterate dad set up a new computer that I got him for Christmas fun, I know. So without me, he opened the system and did the first steps of setting it up. Now he is unable to sign in. He logged in without a Microsoft account...