Windows 10: Help with scaling? (inexperienced with Windows 10)

Discus and support Help with scaling? (inexperienced with Windows 10) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows 10 on my iMac, mostly to play games (nothing very graphics-intensive). switching from 200% to 100% scaling (at 4096x2304)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ilikepieman, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Help with scaling? (inexperienced with Windows 10)

I recently installed Windows 10 on my iMac, mostly to play games (nothing very graphics-intensive). switching from 200% to 100% scaling (at 4096x2304) made the games look significantly better, but it also made everything else display at half size. for some reason there’s an effect on graphics quality even without changing the resolution.

i’m wondering if there’s a workaround that would let me keep the resolution and scaling for other apps without making games blurry/jagged edges/etc. it’s not game-breaking, but letters and other sharp edges have very clear pixels, and it just doesn’t look as sharp in general. i don’t really have experience with Windows 10 so it’s possible I’m missing something obvious

submitted by /u/ilikepieman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ilikepieman, Feb 19, 2020

2. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    scales & applications

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 may have encountered a display setting issue that caused this on your applications. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you used an external monitor previously?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article and perform the troubleshooting steps given to see if there will be any changes:

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

If you think this was useful, kindly mark it as answer to help fellow community members who are also experiencing the same issue.

Xylee Del, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Help with scaling? (inexperienced with Windows 10)

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Help with scaling? (inexperienced with Windows 10)

1. Help with scaling? (inexperienced with Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Help scaling inexperienced

2. Windows scale and taskbar scale, please help me!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows scale and taskbar scale, please help me!: Hi, may I ask some questions?- How to change the Scale in the Display settings to what ever I want. The Default is 100%, I want to change it under 100%, can I do that???- How can I change the size of taskbar to what ever I want not using small button or drag the taskbar to...
  3. Help with Icons/Scaling issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Icons/Scaling issue?: [ATTACH] Started a new job at the company and now I have a Windows 10 computer. I'm not totally inept, but I run a Hackintosh at home and haven't been on a Windows system in some time. The computer that is assigned to me is an HP ZBook. Resolution is set to 1920 x 1080....
  4. Help needed with scaling issue

Help needed with scaling issue: The top of a lot of websites where the menus are title usually are is way out of size. I'm using my TV as my monitor with resolution at 2k so everything isn't tiny. Turned on windows scaling to 300. I usually will manually zoom each webpage(90% on reddit) so I can read them...
  5. Need help with scaling on windows 10

Need help with scaling on windows 10: I just bought a 1080p monitor and I'm connecting my laptop to it via HDMI. The desktop icons, text overall appear to be pixelated. I tried changing the scaling to 125% (previously 100%) but it did not affect much. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/screwdupguy...
  6. Custom scaling of 400% help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom scaling of 400% help: Hi, i recently put on scaling of 400% to not make apps blurry and stuff like that but then i didnt know after that when i pressed apply...everything on my laptop screen just turned big size, like my cursor is big and all i can see on my desktoo is a big size recycle bin and i...
  7. Windows 10 Display Scale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  8. Trying to scale one monitor, but it's scaling all of them, help!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Trying to scale one monitor, but it's scaling all of them, help!: So I just got a 4k monitor to add to my two 1080p monitors. I set everything up and it was all fine and good for an hour or so. Basically what's happening is the scale option is locked to the primary display. If I increase the scale of one, the rest follow suit. I've been...
  9. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 scaling issue: Hi all, I currently use two displays; a 22" monitor (primary), the other a 60" TV (secondary). The secondary monitor has a scaling factor of 125% selected within 'Display Settings'. I'm experiencing a problem with the feature whereby when switching back to the primary...
  10. scaling in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    scaling in windows 10: I am looking for a way to scale to full screen. Have read some where that 10 locks the resolution in the AMD Catalyst Control Center, any workaround or wait for an update from Microsoft. 20261