Windows 10: Help with second monitor problems

Discus and support Help with second monitor problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using two monitors for quite some time now, but this new problem has been very annoying to me. Lately, whenever I would try to drag a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phread, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Phread Win User

Help with second monitor problems

I have been using two monitors for quite some time now, but this new problem has been very annoying to me. Lately, whenever I would try to drag a window or click and drag anything in the second monitor(not the main screen monitor) it would reset the click and drag and start one after I move a good 3 inches on the screen. So for example, I would try to move a window to the second screen, as I am dragging the window from the first screen to the second, the click and drag stops right as the mouse touches the edge of the monitor. It doesn't snap to fill half the screen or anything, it just stops. Another example is when I try to click, drag, and highlight desktop icons in the second screen, it just seems like I'm clicking and dragging many times over and over again. Also, when I am on a website trying to highlight a great amount of text, it does the same thing except when you highlight a piece of text, and when you try to click and drag again, it's basically like copy and pasting. It's very annoying. If anyone has any idea of what is happening, please help!

:)

Phread, Aug 13, 2016

2. Problems with second monitor W.10

Hey guys, hope you can help me with the following

I'm trying to run two monitors from a desktop. I have a HDMI port and a DVI-I port. My HDMI works just fine, but I can't get any image from my DVI-I port. My second monitor has a VGA port and Im using a DVI-I adapter.

hope you guys can help

thanks in advance

ajserrano93, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Problems with second monitor W.10

The links no longer work.

TedBellinger, Aug 13, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Unless you know how to pry open the mouse (without destroying it) and give it a good cleaning, replace it. My Microsoft mouse was misbehaving. I thought I had malware. With the mouse replaced, back to normal.

For the monitors, have you verified the #1 and #2 are oriented correctly?

pyramid10, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Help with second monitor problems - Similar Threads - Help second monitor

2. Recognizing a Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recognizing a Second Monitor: Hello. I recently got a second monitor for my computer. The one I have had is an ASUS monitor, and the new one is a Samsung with 4k resolution. I use two video cards with my setup and I have one monitor plugged into one each (Nvidia Geforce GTX 780). If I open up my driver, I...
  3. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...
  4. second monitor

second monitor: does not detect second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor/656e1bb1-f609-495a-9a68-65984e9a9f85
  5. second monitor

second monitor: trying to use a second monitor. dispays in settings does not detect a second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/second-monitor/18038c0a-0b02-4419-bf8d-ded60e88807a
  6. Second Monitor Lag

Second Monitor Lag: Hey. My second monitor has enormous amounts of lag when connected. I use Windows 10, my second monitor is 1920x1080, while my original monitor where the DVD recorder is located is 1600x900. It lags on the 1080p monitor, while the default monitor works flawlessly. How do I...
  7. The second monitor is lagging

The second monitor is lagging: I plugged in a second monitor via a docking station and encountered an issue connected with short term slowdowns with a mouse cursor on this second monitor. It looks like the signal goes long from a remote device. I performed some troubleshooting such as updated Windows...
  8. Second Monitor

Second Monitor: I recently upgraded my motherboard to the Asrock fatality H97 and I am having a problem I didn't face with my old one, which was a z87 plus. When I installed my new motherboard and started up my pc. It seemed to work perfectly. I hooked up my second monitor in the same...
  9. Second monitor is not registering

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor is not registering: I just bought a second monitor for my desktop. But when I plugged it in, it would not register. I did try configuring in on under control panel and under display settings. It still wouldn't work after that. Then we asked advice from our local geek squad. They recommended we...
  10. second monitor and videos

in Windows 10 Support
    second monitor and videos: So before windows ten I could play wow, swtor, secret world etc.. on my main monitor and watch netflix on my second monitor with no issues. Well after windows 10 the video in my second monitor lags out when i'm in the game am I playing. Now if i click on the video in the...