Windows 10: Help with second monitor problems

Discus and support Help with second monitor problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using two monitors for quite some time now, but this new problem has been very annoying to me. Lately, whenever I would try to drag a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phread, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Phread Win User

Help with second monitor problems

I have been using two monitors for quite some time now, but this new problem has been very annoying to me. Lately, whenever I would try to drag a window or click and drag anything in the second monitor(not the main screen monitor) it would reset the click and drag and start one after I move a good 3 inches on the screen. So for example, I would try to move a window to the second screen, as I am dragging the window from the first screen to the second, the click and drag stops right as the mouse touches the edge of the monitor. It doesn't snap to fill half the screen or anything, it just stops. Another example is when I try to click, drag, and highlight desktop icons in the second screen, it just seems like I'm clicking and dragging many times over and over again. Also, when I am on a website trying to highlight a great amount of text, it does the same thing except when you highlight a piece of text, and when you try to click and drag again, it's basically like copy and pasting. It's very annoying. If anyone has any idea of what is happening, please help!

:)

Phread, Aug 13, 2016

2. Problems with second monitor W.10

Hey guys, hope you can help me with the following

I'm trying to run two monitors from a desktop. I have a HDMI port and a DVI-I port. My HDMI works just fine, but I can't get any image from my DVI-I port. My second monitor has a VGA port and Im using a DVI-I adapter.

hope you guys can help

thanks in advance

ajserrano93, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Problems with second monitor W.10

The links no longer work.

TedBellinger, Aug 13, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Unless you know how to pry open the mouse (without destroying it) and give it a good cleaning, replace it. My Microsoft mouse was misbehaving. I thought I had malware. With the mouse replaced, back to normal.

For the monitors, have you verified the #1 and #2 are oriented correctly?

pyramid10, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Help with second monitor problems - Similar Threads - Help second monitor

2. Help connecting second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help connecting second monitor: Hello, I need help connecting a second monitor to my work laptop running Windows 10. The new monitor is a Dell E2220H and has only a Display Port and VGA output. I've purchased a Display Port to HDMI cable, as my laptop does not have a Display Port outlet. I connected the...
  3. Help connecting second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help connecting second monitor: Hello, I need help connecting a second monitor to my work laptop running Windows 10. The new monitor is a Dell E2220H and has only a Display Port and VGA output. I've purchased a Display Port to HDMI cable, as my laptop does not have a Display Port outlet. I connected the...
  4. Second monitor mic help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor mic help: I'm trying to us my laptop as a second monitor for my PC and put my headphones in the laptop because my PCs sound headphones ports are broken. How can I set it to where sounds and my mic work through the laptop....
  5. Second monitor mic help

Second monitor mic help: I'm trying to us my laptop as a second monitor for my PC and put my headphones in the laptop because my PCs sound headphones ports are broken. How can I set it to where sounds and my mic work through the laptop....
  6. Second monitor help please

Second monitor help please: I can't seem to get the right fit for the second monitor screen. I changed the resolution to a size so the whole program fits but the side is blacked out not useable tried doing screenshot but it won't show what I'm talking about so I'm attaching pics.When I do the...
  7. Problem with second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with second monitor.: Hello, so.. I bought a VGA -> Display - Port Adapter for my secound monitor and it worked fine. After 4 days I closed the PC at night and the next morning when I turned on the second monitor does not work anymore. First i tested the monitor - it worked, the VGA cable - it...
  8. Second monitor problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor problem: I can duplicate and show only on 1, but I cannot show only or 2 or extend display because the external monitor turns black. I am on a laptop and I am connecting to an external monitor 144hz via hdmi 2.0 cable that should support 144hz....
  9. Second monitor problems??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor problems??: I hope this is the right place, my google search so far has been unsuccessful. I'm not a native english speaker and my system isn't in english, but I'll try to be as clear as I can be. I just got today a huion display tablet I bought. The problem isn't the tablet itself, but...
  10. Help with a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with a second monitor?: Hello, the problem with me is that when I plug in my 2nd monitor, it doesn't work at all, main monitor is connected via displayport and 2nd monitor via Hdmi, if I plug in both alone, both go normally, so it's not the monitor or the cables. But if both are plugged in, first...