Windows 10: Help with Second Screen

Discus and support Help with Second Screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have tried everything, but whenever I set my laptop to only use the second screen, it goes black, extend and duplicate work fine, only on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThePandaCubes, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Help with Second Screen

So I have tried everything, but whenever I set my laptop to only use the second screen, it goes black, extend and duplicate work fine, only on the second screen option does it go blank, I changed some settings with the scaling accirn accidently in the Intel Graphics Software but can't Change it back. Please help! I can use my laptop on its own screen fine.

submitted by /u/ThePandaCubes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThePandaCubes, Jan 20, 2020

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Help with Second Screen

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Help with Second Screen

1. Help with Second Screen - Similar Threads - Help Second Screen

2. Second deskop on Second Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second deskop on Second Screen: Hey, I just got into the world of secondary Monitors, and I have a question I could not answer myself. Cann I use the multiple desktops funktionalty of Windos 11 efektly withs two screens. What I want is this: When I plug my laptop into my monitor, I want to have the...
  3. Second deskop on Second Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second deskop on Second Screen: Hey, I just got into the world of secondary Monitors, and I have a question I could not answer myself. Cann I use the multiple desktops funktionalty of Windos 11 efektly withs two screens. What I want is this: When I plug my laptop into my monitor, I want to have the...
  4. help there is no orange color in second screen in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help there is no orange color in second screen in windows 10: i have a hp laptop . i dock it and use it using a 17 inch lg display but one day i turned it on to see blueish tint on the screen and the orange color missing i tried to turn off night light and tried updating grwaphics dcrivers but still not working . i also tried to...
  5. Help with a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with a second monitor?: Hello, the problem with me is that when I plug in my 2nd monitor, it doesn't work at all, main monitor is connected via displayport and 2nd monitor via Hdmi, if I plug in both alone, both go normally, so it's not the monitor or the cables. But if both are plugged in, first...
  6. Help! Sound doesn't work on my second screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help! Sound doesn't work on my second screen: Hi guys, I have an audio problem with my second monitor. As video output I use one of my display port connections. I use the adapter DP -> HDMI. ( https://www.amazon.de/R-1140-ADAPTE...child=1&qid=1588614395&sr=8-4&srs=17630658031 ) The video is transmitted well. But the...
  7. Help Easiest way to extend screen to second laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Easiest way to extend screen to second laptop: I'm working from home and would like to use my personal laptop as a second monitor for my work laptop. I'm unable to download any programs onto my work laptop and when trying to use the "project" feature in windows 10, it says protected content can't be viewed on this device....
  8. Second screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second screen.: I have my laptop connected to a screen and running through extended setting. Everything is fine apart from videos. Videos will not play on my second screen. The second screen just shows a snapshot of the video (eg, moved video to 10th min, it shows 10th min. frame). How can I...
  9. second screen

second screen: just upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 now I find when I project to a second screen it dosnt fill the screen and i'm left with about 2" solid black down the side.I have tried all the different resolutions but no joy.Any advice? 17626
  10. Second screen?

Second screen?: Hello. I had two monitors functioning nicely under Windows 7. Then I upgraded to 10 and now it can't detect my second monitor. I haven't touched the hardware at all. The only thing I did was upgrade. How do I get it to notice my other monitor? 13489