Windows 10: Help with setting up Auto-Log off for Guest User after a specific time

Discus and support Help with setting up Auto-Log off for Guest User after a specific time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I am trying to set up Windows 10 to auto-log off a user after a specific time. The account is a guest account and I have already limited the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KantaiCollection, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Help with setting up Auto-Log off for Guest User after a specific time

Hello all, I am trying to set up Windows 10 to auto-log off a user after a specific time. The account is a guest account and I have already limited the account to only log in from 12pm-12am using the command prompt.

I was wondering if there was a way to also set it to auto-log off this user after 12am? I was wondering if using task scheduler would work or would the guest account be able to access task scheduler to delete the auto-log off task?

Thanks for the help!

submitted by /u/KantaiCollection
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KantaiCollection, Jun 6, 2020

2. Guest

Hi Voytek,

To remove the guest account from your start screen, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Right-click Start menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enable guest account first by typing net user guest /active:yes, then press
      Enter.
    • Disable guest account by typing net user guest /active:no, then press
      Enter.
    • Perform a
      clean boot in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Help with setting up Auto-Log off for Guest User after a specific time

How do I put a folder of my own into the Guest user account and make it the only folder available to view beyond those by default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below in order to put a folder of your own to the guest account:

• Select and copy the folder that you want to move to the Guest Account.
    • Follow the steps below and paste the folder so that you'll be able to view it in the Guest Account:
    • Press ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type ‘This PC, and press enter.
    • Now follow the path: Local Disk(CHelp with setting up Auto-Log off for Guest User after a specific time :)>>Users>>Guest Account.
    • And paste the folder which you wanted to move, in the Guest Account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Help with setting up Auto-Log off for Guest User after a specific time

1. Help with setting up Auto-Log off for Guest User after a specific time - Similar Threads - Help setting Auto

2. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Guest Account auto-logging in.: Hello Microsoft Community,I've been having a problem with a guest account I want to add to my organizations systems. On each machine I want to add a local guest account that does not need a password to login, yet whenever you boot the system up, it automatically logs in to...
  3. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guest Account auto-logging in.: Hello Microsoft Community,I've been having a problem with a guest account I want to add to my organizations systems. On each machine I want to add a local guest account that does not need a password to login, yet whenever you boot the system up, it automatically logs in to...
  4. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto log off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto log off: Is there any way to auto log off most recent logged on account, so i dont have to do it manually in task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-log-off/c9b18ce7-0398-44c2-be81-2346ffca6320
  6. Auto log off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto log off: Is there any way to auto log off most recent logged on account, so i dont have to do it manually in task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-log-off/c9b18ce7-0398-44c2-be81-2346ffca6320
  7. Auto log off

8. Set up guest user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up guest user: How do I set up a guest user that has access to programs on my computer, but not my personal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-guest-user/fe8c5af1-f430-4967-acd2-836d33d2ebeb
  9. Set up guest user

Set up guest user: How do I set up a guest user that has access to programs on my computer, but not my personal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-guest-user/fe8c5af1-f430-4967-acd2-836d33d2ebeb
  10. Set up guest user

in Windows 10 Customization