Windows 10: Help with slow printer response

Discus and support Help with slow printer response in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For years I've used HP printers with Windows computers. Heretofore when I select a document or pages and click Print, the printer begins making noise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Grandpa Jim, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Help with slow printer response

For years I've used HP printers with Windows computers. Heretofore when I select a document or pages and click Print, the printer begins making noise immediately and the pages start spewing out. Now I have an HP Envy with a new Windows 10 computer. Items print, but only after a seeming eternity before the printer starts even making any noises.
    Is there somewhere a setting that might correct this? I seem to recall in the past something about "background printing" but I can't find any such option now. Can someone help?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Jun 20, 2020

2. Printer

Thanks for your response.

To troubleshoot the issue, we recommend that you visit this link.

The link will direct you to an article which will provide you steps on how to fix printer problems. I would suggest that you cover all the steps listed on the article.

Please keep us updated.

Jericho Lap, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Help with slow printer response

Slow Response For Wireless Printing

Hi Patrick,

With the issue description, I understand that you are experiencing issues with Wireless Printer on your Windows 10 machine after installing Anniversary Update. I will certainly help you in getting this issue fixed.

This issue might occur due to incorrect settings or corrupt printer drivers. Let’s follow below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:
    Printer Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound.
    Refer top these steps:

a) Open Control Panel.

b) Click on Troubleshooting and select the
    option on the left pane.

c) Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2:
    Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer's Driver

Step 1:
    Uninstall the Printer's Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo + X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Printer from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device
    you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2:
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the printer model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Help with slow printer response

1. Help with slow printer response - Similar Threads - Help slow printer

2. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  3. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  4. Printer response is very slow with Win 10 Pro

Printer response is very slow with Win 10 Pro: Epson Stylus SX445W All-in-One Inkjet printer I have had this printer since 2013 when it was connected to a Windows 7 PC. The original Windows 7 compatible drivers were installed from a CD. Around 2017 I upgraded the OS to Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and I had to download...
  5. Slow PC response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow PC response: Lately Microsoft Edge, Windows Explorer, and Outlook turn on very slowly when I click on them. Edge and Explorer take 2 minutes to turn on, and Outlook 1 minute to turn on. Why? Never had this issue before....
  6. slow opening response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow opening response: Iv downloaded MS flight sim 2020 and upon opening it when I get to the "checking for updates" the program lags then stops. I did a speed test on my wi fi set up and the results are as follows Ping 1Ms Download 33.26 Mps upload is 7.83 Mps could anyone help me with this...
  7. Slow response

Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  8. SLOW RESPONSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW RESPONSE: My PC has been slowing down for a while now, I can open a browser and wait for minutes for it to load the same applies to other applications AND I HAVE THE UPDATED WINDOWS 10. I have done disk cleanups, changed advanced settings but still nothing can I be helped?...
  9. slow response to websites

slow response to websites: very slow response to click on websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response-to-websites/4616451f-328d-43ae-bb0f-878be17fda4e
  10. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: Entering into the game works prefect; however once selections are made and the game begins, response time is impossible. Clicking onto a number called, or the thermostat climbing and clicking onto it is the problem. Is there a solution to this issue?...