Windows 10: Help with sorting out network sharing

Discus and support Help with sorting out network sharing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have spent hours and hours on this and seem to be stuck.I have 3 PCs on my private network, all running Windows 11. Mine is A, my wife's is B, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Microfiche_1962, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Help with sorting out network sharing

I have spent hours and hours on this and seem to be stuck.I have 3 PCs on my private network, all running Windows 11. Mine is A, my wife's is B, the file server is now C.I just replaced one of them D which served as our network storage and also runs a Plex server.I moved the disk directly from old computer D and installed into the new computer C and reshared it. My wife and I should have full access, and "Everyone" has read access. I have turned on file sharing on all three computers and checked to ensure related services are running automatically. Password protected sharing is off on all co

:)

Microfiche_1962, Jun 27, 2022

2. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 unable to scan to folder over network

Hi Adma,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you able to access the folder through network which you want to scan?

If you’re connected to domain then you need to post your query in TechNet forum.

Refer the link below for TechNet forums.

Technet forums

If you’re connected to home group follow the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Window Key, and type Network and sharing.

• Click on Change Advanced sharing settings.

• Under Guest or Public.

• Under File and printer sharing.

• Turn on file and printer and sharing.

I suggest you to run Network and sharing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and type Network and sharing center.

• Run Troubleshoot problems.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Help with sorting out network sharing

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Help with sorting out network sharing

1. Help with sorting out network sharing - Similar Threads - Help sorting network

2. Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out: Hi. I am running a Windows 10 OS. My question is, why is it that I have to always restart my PC in order for my Shared Folder to be able to be accessed by other PCs? When other PCs can't connect to my shared folder, I have to restart it and then they'll be to connect to it....
  3. Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out: Hi. I am running a Windows 10 OS. My question is, why is it that I have to always restart my PC in order for my Shared Folder to be able to be accessed by other PCs? When other PCs can't connect to my shared folder, I have to restart it and then they'll be to connect to it....
  4. Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help with sorting out network sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with sorting out network sharing: I have spent hours and hours on this and seem to be stuck.I have 3 PCs on my private network, all running Windows 11. Mine is A, my wife's is B, the file server is now C.I just replaced one of them D which served as our network storage and also runs a Plex server.I moved the...
  6. Need help with network sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with network sharing: Hi I'm using a program called pdanet+ so that I can play on my ps4 and I have 2 laptops One has windows 10 and one has windows 8 The windows 8 laptop is from 2014 but it does a faster job than my beefy windows 10 laptop is there any way to make my windows 10 laptop make a...
  7. Update Broke Network Sharing - Help!

Update Broke Network Sharing - Help!: Ugh -- network with 15 Win 10 machines running build 1803. With an insane amount of work, we made it past HomeGroup removal last May, & network sharing was working fine until yesterday. Two computers got the update to build 1809 yesterday, and that seriously broke sharing...
  8. Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet

Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet: Hi, I'm having problems with trying to share my Wi-Fi connection to another device via Ethernet. When I plug the cord in it says, "Unidentifiable network" and "no access type" If I run the troubleshooter, it says, "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"...
  9. Network sharing keeps dropping out

Network sharing keeps dropping out: I spend most weekends trying to restore a simple shared LAN and it is driving me crazy. I have two PC's connecte tothe same router. Now both by eithernet. PC A and PC B I have mapped somf of PC B's folders inside PC A. so that i can copy files over. I also have a remote...
  10. Need help with sharing can only access one out of 3 drives on network

Need help with sharing can only access one out of 3 drives on network: if anyone can possibly give me some insight on my problem I will tell you what I have done. I have 3 drives 1tb barracuda Seagate internal (Cant access this one ) 3tb external Seagate ( I can access this one) 5tb external Seagate (Cant access this one) I have...