Windows 10: Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?

Discus and support Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! So my new laptop, an Acer Aspire3, doesn't switch audio from playing out of the speakers to headphones automatically. I have to click on a pop-up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/solicistar, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?

Hi!
    So my new laptop, an Acer Aspire3, doesn't switch audio from playing out of the speakers to headphones automatically. I have to click on a pop-up from Realtek Audio Console to enable the switch instead. I am unaware if it is possible to make the switch manually from within the Realtek Audio Console itself, as I did not see a way (but may have missed it).
    I tried some things I found online and I'm not exactly sure what it was, but clicking on the message pop-up didn't make the switch either afterwards. I tried switching the Realtek Audio sound card driver (at least I think it was the sound card) to an HD version already on my computer, and it didn't work and when I switched it back, I somehow reverted to the previous state: no auto switch, but clicking on the pop-up from Realtek Audio Console enables the switch.

I would still like to enable an automatic transfer of sound from speakers to headphones and vice versa though. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/solicistar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/solicistar, Jan 10, 2021
  2. GarySt Win User

Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

My drivers for headphones/speakers seem up to date. (Device manager). Help!!! *Sad

Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones? [​IMG]

Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones? [​IMG]

GarySt, Jan 10, 2021
  3. GarySt Win User
    Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

After a forced upgrade by Windows 10 *Mad which I tried for months to avoid, windows updater has succeeded to sneak-in and install without my consent a new Win10 version.

As expected the system has been destabilized and the damages until now are:
    - When I plug in and out the headset the playback device doesn't switch automatically between speakers and headphones. I need to switch it manually every time.
    Help!

-----

GarySt, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Martmcd Win User

Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?

Sound switch from laptop speakers to headphones.

click on the speaker icon (bottom right by the clock)

then click on the up arrow, to display the list of playback devices.

if you headphones are in the list click on them to switch sound output.

Martmcd, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?

1. Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones? - Similar Threads - Help Sound switching

2. Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones: Hello,I've had this problem since windows 10. When I'm playing music on my computer using my speakers, sometimes the sound will randomly switch from my speakers to my headphones and then go back to my speakers. I was recently on the Window 11 beta, which I had to clean...
  3. Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones: Hello,I've had this problem since windows 10. When I'm playing music on my computer using my speakers, sometimes the sound will randomly switch from my speakers to my headphones and then go back to my speakers. I was recently on the Window 11 beta, which I had to clean...
  4. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  5. Sound automatically switches from speakers to headphones after a few minutes of pc usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound automatically switches from speakers to headphones after a few minutes of pc usage: This problem has started today. I haven't updated anything recently. When starting up my pc it runs fine for a few minutes but then out of nowhere the computer starts sputtering every few seconds with the audio eventually cutting out entirely. I saw in the sound playback tab...
  6. Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output: Not sure when or why this happened, but my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 no longer automatically switches between audio output sources headphones and built-in Surface Laptop speakers. If I have sound playing and no headphones plugged in, the sound will continue to play...
  7. Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?: Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this problem all day. My laptop has sound coming from both the speakers and a headset when I plug it in. I want it to be able to play sound from the headset when it's in and not from the laptop's speakers, until I take the headset back out....
  8. sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones

sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones: sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones. To listen via headphones I have to restart my system or connect my headphone before power on the machine...
  9. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...
  10. Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

Automatically switch from headphones to speakers: In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the speakers. If you unplugged them, it would enable the speakers. How would I go about enabling this on Windows 10? 17425