Windows 10: Help with SQL Backup compatibility

Discus and support Help with SQL Backup compatibility in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I would like some help please. I have taken a back up on SQL Server 2008 version 10.0.5538. I need to restore this on a new server. What version of SQL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DMW_1, Aug 13, 2020.

1. DMW_1 Win User

Help with SQL Backup compatibility

I would like some help please. I have taken a back up on SQL Server 2008 version 10.0.5538. I need to restore this on a new server. What version of SQL server are compatible with this backup?

Thanks in advance.

:)

DMW_1, Aug 13, 2020

2. SQL Server Restore Compatibility Level

Hey

Is there any documentation in KB describe the compatibility levels in restore and backups between different versions of SQL Server

MohammedSheikh Salem, Aug 13, 2020
  3. lgentry Win User
    Help me understand SQL Server

While trying to understand intermittent freezes in my Windows 10 that require hard reboots to recover from I was looking at my event viewer trying to find the culprit. Although I have not yet narrowed down the problem (there are several different errors) I came across several events related to SQL Server "insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query". I'm running a quad core i5 machine with 8 gb of ram. Looking at my list of installed programs I notice that I have the following:

SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition
    SQL Server 2008 Setup Support Files
    SQL Server 2012 Native Client
    SQL Server 2014 Setup
    SQL Server 2014
    SQL Transact SQL Scriptdom
    SQL Server Browser for SQL Server 2014

I've tried to read about exactly what SQL Server is and it's as clear as mud to me. Can someone help me understand what it is? Do I need to have all those versions installed? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

lgentry, Aug 13, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Which BIOS files are compatible with my PowerColor 7970?

that's a great suggestion. i will check if i can add that.

if you go to dev.techpowerup.com, the bios database there has a compatible bios button that might help you search

W1zzard, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Help with SQL Backup compatibility - Similar Threads - Help SQL Backup

2. Data Protection Manager - Backup for SQL Developer DB's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Protection Manager - Backup for SQL Developer DB's: Good day all.I would like to find out how we can back up or if it’s even possible to backup SQL Developer Edition with DPM 2019 Version: 10.19.379.0When creating a protection group, we can see the server that we need to backup and we can see the folders/drives, we do not see...
  3. Data Protection Manager - Backup for SQL Developer DB's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Protection Manager - Backup for SQL Developer DB's: Good day all.I would like to find out how we can back up or if it’s even possible to backup SQL Developer Edition with DPM 2019 Version: 10.19.379.0When creating a protection group, we can see the server that we need to backup and we can see the folders/drives, we do not see...
  4. Windows backup compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup compatibility: Hello,today I am backing up my C: drive to my hard drive, and I was wondering if i can use backup created on Windows 11 to restore my files on Windows 10. Can I?Thanks,MakoPog...
  5. Windows backup compatibility

Windows backup compatibility: Hello,today I am backing up my C: drive to my hard drive, and I was wondering if i can use backup created on Windows 11 to restore my files on Windows 10. Can I?Thanks,MakoPog...
  6. Mac dead. Backup disks not Win10 compatible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mac dead. Backup disks not Win10 compatible: Hi, I'm a rookie to Windows and see my Mac backup hard drives are invisible to Win10. Not sure how this HFS+ system works. Is there a guide to solving this somewhere? A reliable software program? Maybe another group? Thanks. submitted by /u/Saintbridge2 [link]...
  7. How to backup Microsoft sql files in safe mode windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to backup Microsoft sql files in safe mode windows10: Ok so recently my pc caught a virus and I have been wanting to reset it. Problem is I have some very sensitive work which I need to backup. It is to be backed up by Microsoft sql server management 2007. Please help as I can only boot into safe mode...
  8. Seagate Backup Plus not compatible for windows store

Seagate Backup Plus not compatible for windows store: So i recently bought a Seagate Backup Plus Slim thinking i would be able to save some space for games on it but apparently the windows 10 Microsoft store is not recognizing it as compatible is this a pc issue or am i doing something wrong ?...
  9. Help with compatibility/drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with compatibility/drivers: Im relatively new to PC's as I've just made the switch from Xbox One. I've just installed Windows 10 on my desktop and I'm trying to set up my powerline so I have an ethernet connection. I've traced the only problem in the whole setup to be the fact that my ethernet...
  10. Help me understand SQL Server

in Windows 10 Support
    Help me understand SQL Server: While trying to understand intermittent freezes in my Windows 10 that require hard reboots to recover from I was looking at my event viewer trying to find the culprit. Although I have not yet narrowed down the problem (there are several different errors) I came across several...