Windows 10: Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations

Discus and support Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had the newly built system running 24/7 for a year now running Plex under Windows 10 Pro. I recently upgraded to Workstation to take advantage of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonyStubbs1, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations

I've had the newly built system running 24/7 for a year now running Plex under Windows 10 Pro. I recently upgraded to Workstation to take advantage of Storage Spaces. I have created a 6 drive 8tb storage pool using Parity/Refs file system. All has been working great, for 6 months, but the SSD my OS was installed on bit the dust. After replacing the SSD I went through installing 10 pro and then through the MS store upgraded to workstation all went fine and it's running great, But! Workstation doesn't see the storage pool or even the drives.

1.This PC=no drives shown

2. Disk management=no drives shown

3. Power shell=no drives show

4. Device manager=shows drives

5. USB disconnect in task bar=shows drives, but cannot disconnect them

I have a utility that verified the drives are running fine and the parity system seems to be intact. At this point I figured I would format the drives and start over, I do have a complete backup, but no go! Not even aftermarket type disk utilities can read or format the drives. So what am I to do next.

I hope some one has a trick up their sleeve to help me out, I would hate to have to trash nearly $1000.00 in drives.

Regards

Tony

:)

TonyStubbs1, Apr 17, 2019

2. In Windows 10 Pro Storage Space, why can't I use ReFS with Parity?

According to discussion at Storage Spaces, Parity and ReFS

• ReFS in storage spaces is available only for two-way and three-way mirroring until Windows 10 Anniversary update incl.
    • Creators update brought support for ReFS parity storage space
    • Fall Creators update removes ReFS entirely from storage spaces

Vlastimil Ovčáčík, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Timba1210 Win User
    Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro

I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my home media server (Plex). It runs on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My Storage Spaces disks are connected to my system via a dedicated RAID card, with the disks just configured as JBOD. It is a 16 disk pool comprising
    36TB of raw storage, configured within Storage Spaces to have parity, so I have about 21TB of usable space. I would like to know what steps I need to take in order to ensure that, once I have upgraded the hardware and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro to my OS disk,
    I can reconnect the RAID controller and have the Storage Spaces be recognized and accessible again. I cannot risk losing this data, and given the amount of it, making a copy beforehand is also not a possibility.

Timba1210, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Ar Rom Win User

Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Hello Alex,

There are certain steps that you can do to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. Kindly follow the methods provided by Andre Da Costa on October 24, 2017 on this

link
    and see if this will resolve your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations

1. Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations - Similar Threads - Help Storage Space

2. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11: I have configured 3 identical 4TB USB attached drives as a single mirrored/ RAID 5TB Storage Space under Windows 10. Will this SS be usable if I simply plug these 3 drives into a second machine, this one running Windows 11?...
  6. Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11: I have configured 3 identical 4TB USB attached drives as a single mirrored/ RAID 5TB Storage Space under Windows 10. Will this SS be usable if I simply plug these 3 drives into a second machine, this one running Windows 11?...
  7. Help with Windows 10 Storage Spaces with tiering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Windows 10 Storage Spaces with tiering: Hi, Hope anybody can help. I'm running in to an error setting up a Storage Space with tiering on my Windows 10 machine (Version 20H2). I have two 2TB HDD's and one 250GB SSD. I want to create a storage space simple mirror over the two HDD's with the SSD as a fast Tier. I...
  8. Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space: I want to upgrade the hardware on my home media server (Plex) running Windows 10 Pro, version 1809. I have my Storage Spaces disks connected using a dedicated RAID card, with the disks configured as JBOD. I wonder, if I upgrade the hardware and reinstall Windows 10 pro to the...
  9. Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro: I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my home media server (Plex). It runs on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My Storage Spaces disks are connected to my system via a dedicated RAID card, with the disks just configured as JBOD. It is a 16 disk pool comprising 36TB of raw...
  10. Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro: Hi Guys.. Been reading about Storage Spaces. All the examples use only 1 HDD....Can SS work with multiple HDD as primary, I mean I have 8 Hard Drives. I understand the pool concept, will the Mirror function mirror all 8 drives... How would one do this? All the examples...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 refs workstations 2019