Windows 10: Help with stupidly deleting partitions

Discus and support Help with stupidly deleting partitions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/stynsthename [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frtf0b/help_with_stupidly_deleting_partitions/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stynsthename, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Help with stupidly deleting partitions

/u/stynsthename, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, May 25, 2020
  3. VBX
    vbx Win User
    Help, I deleted a partition, and can't seem to "extend" the other partition

Ok, here's how it happened.

I had 2 partition. XP and Win7 x86.

I shrank the Win7 x86 partition and created a new partition (Win7 X64)

I then deleted Win7 x86 partition.

----------

edit: what warup suggested did the trick. It took 20+ minutes for that software to do it, but hey it worked.. Thanks

4. Help with stupidly deleting partitions

How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Help with stupidly deleting partitions

1. Help with stupidly deleting partitions - Similar Threads - Help stupidly deleting

2. THE STUPID FILE WILL NOT DELETE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THE STUPID FILE WILL NOT DELETE: I have an empty file that I obviously don't want anymore so I right-click AND THERE IS NO DELETE OPTION then I try selecting the file AND I PUSH THE DELETE KEYBOARD KEY AND IT DOES NOT DELETE. So if anyone has a solution please tell me because this issue is getting on my...
  3. THE STUPID FILE WILL NOT DELETE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THE STUPID FILE WILL NOT DELETE: I have an empty file that I obviously don't want anymore so I right-click AND THERE IS NO DELETE OPTION then I try selecting the file AND I PUSH THE DELETE KEYBOARD KEY AND IT DOES NOT DELETE. So if anyone has a solution please tell me because this issue is getting on my...
  4. Want help abount deleting a partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Want help abount deleting a partition: I want to delete a partition it is highlited in the screenshot given below :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-help-abount-deleting-a-partition/1efe77a1-dd33-4b9d-a8e7-a80b66dd1e88
  5. Want help abount deleting a partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want help abount deleting a partition: I want to delete a partition it is highlited in the screenshot given below :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-help-abount-deleting-a-partition/1efe77a1-dd33-4b9d-a8e7-a80b66dd1e88
  6. Want help abount deleting a partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. this is stupid! please help somebody

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    this is stupid! please help somebody: I cannot get rid of the pop up that tells me I need a new app to open half of my apps on my new computer. How can I irradicate this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-stupid-please-help-somebody/2f1e0cff-2a80-4aab-9ec0-c48a2aba5344
  8. Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition: Ok, so I stupidly Deleted a 3tb hard drive which has 2 1.5tb partitions. I have done a bit of searching and a large majority only let you recover like 1gb of data being you need to buy, (minitool and lazesoft recovery suite). A fair few people recommend testdisk/Photorec or...
  9. Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.

Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.: The other day i deleted my EFI partition along with one other, the reason for this is because i was trying to get a Ubuntu dual boot to work. Before doing this i knew i was going to brick my windows installation. But now i really need to get my windows partition back up and...
  10. Deleted OS Partition and Need Help

Deleted OS Partition and Need Help: Hello. I have an Acer laptop that had Windows 8 on it. We took the free upgrade to get to Windows 10 and tried it for a few months. Now I decided to try to install Windows 7 on it. I put the disc in the drive and booted. I deleted all partitions except for the data partition...