Windows 10: Help with switching from MAK key to OEM key

Discus and support Help with switching from MAK key to OEM key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Currently, I have a MAK key activated on my windows 10 pro, but I wanna switch to OEM key I currently received. Can I just enter the new OEM key into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/llStormbringerll, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Help with switching from MAK key to OEM key

Currently, I have a MAK key activated on my windows 10 pro, but I wanna switch to OEM key I currently received. Can I just enter the new OEM key into the "Change product key" area in the settings, or do I need to first delete the old one manually somehow. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/llStormbringerll
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/llStormbringerll, Feb 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mak key

Hi my Windows 10 is activated by Kms server .

I got a man key of Windows 10.

SO, HOW CAN I change from Kms server to MAK key . Pls tell me the required steps and At which step would I need An internet connection.

Hritik Kandari, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Lukasland Win User
    Windows 10 Professional - MAK Key?

Hi,

In a corporate environment, we purchase desktops and laptops with Windows 7 and 8.1 Professional OEM licenses (sticker on the box).

To speed up installation, we have previously obtained from Microsoft MAK keys for both Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1 Pro, and use these with answer files (unattend.xml and so on) and other deployment tools to speed up Windows installations.

As we are using the Professional editions of Windows 7 and 8.1, these are eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

As part of testing Windows 10 deployment, I've tried obtaining a Windows 10 Pro MAK key from various Microsoft call centres, but all tell me they can only provide one if we have a volume licensing agreement (we don't - they are all OEM licenses). The VLSC
    website's keys section just tells me to call a call centre. As above, we've previously been able to get MAK keys for earlier versions of Windows Professional editions, which again were only OEM licenses.

If we can't get a MAK key, we will have to install Windows 10 Pro manually on each machine.

Question is: is it possible to get a Windows 10 Pro MAK key in our situation?

Thanks

Lukas

Lukasland, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Help with switching from MAK key to OEM key

Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

I am the admin for a small non-profit. We do not have a Volume License key per se, but we do have a MAK license key. Some of our laptops have been popping up with the "reserve your Windows 10" box.

How would this work, considering we use a MAK key? I'm assuming the upgrade would work, but does this invalidate our key in any way? I only want to upgrade one laptop at this point, so I'm wondering if I should just use the OEM key that came with the laptop.

DeaconFrost, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Help with switching from MAK key to OEM key

1. Help with switching from MAK key to OEM key - Similar Threads - Help switching MAK

2. OEM keys from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM keys from Microsoft: Hello, I’m starting a small business as a system integrator and was wondering how I can get OEM keys from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-keys-from-microsoft/a6a71584-77a4-461b-a972-29aa5d87e063
  3. OEM keys from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM keys from Microsoft: Hello, I’m starting a small business as a system integrator and was wondering how I can get OEM keys from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-keys-from-microsoft/a6a71584-77a4-461b-a972-29aa5d87e063
  4. Windows to retail key switched to oem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows to retail key switched to oem: So I recently built a new desktop, and I realized I had an old laptop with windows 10 on it, so I took the key from that pc and put it onto my new desktop. Everything is working great, but I am wanting to take the key off when I clone my ssd, so I can put it back on after....
  5. Switching back to oem key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching back to oem key: When I bought my PC it came with a preinstalled windows 10 home , but then I changed the activation key to windows 10 given by my collage, and it has expired or not activating my window any longer ? I want to know how can I switch back to my own key which came with it...
  6. Oem key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem key: Can i use an oem key after i do a reinstall of windows on the same pc ? submitted by /u/YR_973 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ih78sv/oem_key/
  7. oem key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    oem key: my laptop comes with windows 10 home i updated my laptop with windows 10 pro oem key,but my laptop did not replace the old key with new one..when i use oem key checker tool it showing old key.what i have to do replace a new oem key in old one?...
  8. MAK VOLUME key?

MAK VOLUME key?: I had a retail license for windows 10 pro. I went to the microsoft store and then installed windows 10 pro for workstations since it was free. Afterwards I typed slmgr /xpr and slmgr /dli. It showed me that my machine is permanently activated but it had a MAK VOLUME license....
  9. MAK key

MAK key: Good evening, I have bought a Windows 10 key on the Internet and than activated it on my PC. It appeared to be a MAK key and so i got scammed. The seller told me that it is not possible for me to be refunded su I decided just to delete this key from my PC slmgr /upk and...
  10. Mak Key Enterprise question

Mak Key Enterprise question: Hello all, I have obtained a windows 10 enterprise Volume MAK USB and key. Although this is kind of a waste in the meantime I just want to use it on one PC. So is it possible for me to use this USB and the key and install it on the one for the time being. 116846

Users found this page by searching for:

1. key active win 10 pro