Windows 10: Help with system restore!

Discus and support Help with system restore! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Helly89, May 30, 2023.

1. Helly89 Win User

Help with system restore!

Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but when I started up the pc would take a long time to show the login page and long time to put in pin, Once in would be slow to start up was working fine before and once in if I opened anything such as chrome or even task manager it would lock up/freeze with spinning cursor wheel. Tried to get to restore in windows but even that failed. I'm now sat waiting for system restore from a restart in advanced boot. It's been 1hour 30min± and still just sho

:)

Helly89, May 30, 2023

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, May 30, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    system restore won't restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to perform system restore by going to safe mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• In login screen at the bottom right corner select
      restart
      the system by press and hold Shift key.

• Under choose an option select Troubleshooting.

• Select advanced option.

• Select System restore and check if it helps.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 30, 2023
  4. Help with system restore!

System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Help with system restore!

1. Help with system restore! - Similar Threads - Help system restore

2. Help with system restore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with system restore!: Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but when I started up the pc would take a long time to show the login page and long time to put in pin, Once in would be slow to...
  3. Help! System randomly restored to 2017?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! System randomly restored to 2017?!: So we just did the most recent set of Windows 10 updates after not updating for a few months. My husband ran the update and said he did not get any error messages or anything like that. However, after the update, the computer would randomly freeze and give us the blue screen....
  4. Windows 10 system restore HELP

Windows 10 system restore HELP: Was updating windows 10, and it froze at the circling dots. Tried everything. Now I'm doing a system restore, and the box showing the Restoring files with the green bar that keeps sliding has shown up. The green slider keeps moving tho, lile it's not frozen or anything. But...
  5. Need help with system restore

Need help with system restore: My laptop was running the fan at maximum speed today and the CPU Usage also 100%. So I tried to do a System restore, but it has been 1.5 hours and it is still running . My laptop has a 1TB HDD. Do I need to wait more or Do I shut it down forcefully. What is the normal time to...
  6. [help] Restoring a system image

[help] Restoring a system image: I tried looking on the internet for an answer, but didn't find any. Can I restore a PC running windows 10 pro using a system image that was created from windows 10 home? submitted by /u/stabberofficial [link] [comments]...
  7. Help! My PC is stuck on system restore!

Help! My PC is stuck on system restore!: Long story short, my PC froze trying to restart after an update , so after hard resetting it, i decided to system restore back to before the update just to be safe. It has been about 20-30 min and its still on this screen. What should i do? Can i cancel it? In the event i...
  8. System restore stuck, help!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore stuck, help!!!: my laptop is stuck on system restore is restoring the registry for 2 hours now.. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck-help/c7fc7731-5238-41da-8315-7c73c987d9e7
  9. Did a system restore, need help with KB3152599

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Did a system restore, need help with KB3152599: So I did a system restore, and this pic shows my problem. [img] It shows that KB3152599 is installed, but it doesn't appear in the installed updates. Any ideas? Do I download the standalone package? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3152599 50653
  10. Help! Cannot System Restore, etc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help! Cannot System Restore, etc: Several sudden issues (after a crash - long story) on which I'd greatly appreciate help please. Can't do a System Restore Repeatedly get a message reporting unsuccessful because couldn't access a file, and suggesting I retry after switching off anti-virsu software....