Windows 10: Help with Taking a Screen Shot

Discus and support Help with Taking a Screen Shot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying for months now to take a screen shot on my laptop (Toshiba), but cannot figure out how to do it. I want to take the screenshot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paraspet, Jul 15, 2016.

1. paraspet Win User

Help with Taking a Screen Shot

I've been trying for months now to take a screen shot on my laptop (Toshiba), but cannot figure out how to do it. I want to take the screenshot and then add it to my pictures. How do I do this. My old laptop was easy; just click on the screenshot button, bring up the app to do make the picture, and then send it to the Pictures file. Please help with this...it's one of the last things I don't know how to do in Windows 10 *Mad.

:)

paraspet, Jul 15, 2016

2. taking a screen shot ...

Hello my name is James Mariano Wilson. My question is, can the screen shot feature be turned off somehow? It was working fine whenever I pressed the "PrtSc" button on the top left side of my keyboard. Now in the last day and a half it does not work. I'm
    using Microsoft Edge, Windows 10 on my Lenovo Idea Center Desktop PC. Please, Please help.

Sincerely,

James Mariano Wilson

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

James Marianno Wilson, Jul 15, 2016
  3. taking a screen shot ...

I have never heard of the PrtSc function not working but then I would recommend anyway for you to use the native application snippingtool.exe. It is far superior to PrtSc.

Frederik Long, Jul 15, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

Hold down the Windows key and hit Print Screen. Your screen will "flash". The default location is Pictures-Screenshots

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 15, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    And Alt+PrntScrn captures a screenshot of the active window only. The screenshots are in the clipboard memory and can be pasted to any application. To save, I usually use Paint.

PJLLB, Jul 15, 2016
  6. mrgeek Win User
    Under 'All apps' in Start Menu, hit Windows Accessories/Snipping Tool. Frame whatever you want to take snapshot of. When you hit 'Save', designate wherever you want that's easy to find.

mrgeek, Jul 15, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help with Taking a Screen Shot - Similar Threads - Help Taking Screen

2. screen shots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  3. screen shots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  4. How do I take a screen shot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I take a screen shot?: I have Windows 10 and need to make a screen shot. When I hit PrtScr, nothing happens. When I hit Fn+Windows key+space bar, nothing happens. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-a-screen-shot/e5beb4ff-b765-428c-9c72-7eb5d22ba01c
  5. How do I take a screen shot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I take a screen shot?: How do I take a screen shot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-a-screen-shot/4bb79bd6-c1b6-4384-ad73-5ca5d6909561
  6. Windows 10 suddenly stopped taking Screen Shots

Windows 10 suddenly stopped taking Screen Shots: Looks like this was asking in Jan 2018 but no solution posted- Windows 10 suddenly stopped taking screenshots. I have a brand new Lenovo Ideapad s340 (owned for <6mo). Tonight I took a screenshot via a command in a virtual lab I am working in; this function has worked fine...
  7. Taking a screen shot in information in Setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taking a screen shot in information in Setting: I'm trying to take a screen shot in Settings-About. I'm not doing something right. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-a-screen-shot-in-information-in-setting/502d120c-15aa-407c-b056-dbee373e17b0
  8. How do you take a screen shot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you take a screen shot?: Hello, How do I screen shot and then add it to a document as an attachment? I haven't done it for years and for the life of me I can't remember how to! Thank you in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated....
  9. Screen shot takes too long to open

Screen shot takes too long to open: I had contacted your support through chat,and the agent Wasim,was trying to figure out the problems,when he put my laptop on re-start mode,and we lost each other mid way.Neither was any attempt made from him to either call or email me.Now, this is a new laptop,and am very...
  10. Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?: O.K. I am a bit scared. I am still on AOL. Lately I have been on a webpage and I notice a clear square shaped box with a black frame on it. It flashes like a picture being taken. Is this even possible? I have run CCleaner, Windows Defender, Trial version of Maleware Bytes...