Windows 10: Help with task bar customization on two monitors

Discus and support Help with task bar customization on two monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, so I have this problem where I want to center my taskbar icons, but I can only do it on one monitor. I use the 'Links' technique and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WastedCash, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Help with task bar customization on two monitors

Hey everyone, so I have this problem where I want to center my taskbar icons, but I can only do it on one monitor. I use the 'Links' technique and it works great, but only on one of my task bars. I want to know if anyone knows how I can access my 'toolbars' for my second monitor's task bar. This has been bugging me for a while and I can't seem to figure it out.

(Note: I want the same task bar with the same icons to display on both monitors but both centered on their respective displays)

submitted by /u/WastedCash
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WastedCash, Feb 10, 2021

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 10, 2021
  3. pz2k Win User
    More custom layout on Task Bar

I use to put the Task Bar on the left of the desktop and strech it wider to see program titles on Task Bar. With a wider Task Bar, it can save more vertical space for program positions with more custom layout.

(1) Custom date time. Now it is time then day of the week then date from top to bottom. With custom date time, we can display them in just one line to save vertical space.

(2) Embed the input method icon into the icon lists, now the single input method icon occupy a whole line.

(3) Grid instead of list for programs. For example, some program don't need its title to be displayed on the Task Bar such as Task Manager/Screen Shot Tool, for such program, with a wide Task Bar, we can put 2 instance per line, e.g. put Task Manager and
    Screen Shot Tool on the same line. Even better we can configure this behavior for each program.

4. Help with task bar customization on two monitors

Clock, date and time missing from task bar

Can someone, please provide me with a answer to my question above? I tried all the suggestions. The suggestions containing steps, do not show up as described. For example: Click on an empty space on the task bar, click customized notifications, turn clock
    on. None of this steps show up on the drop menue.

Rebecca Gonzalez, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Help with task bar customization on two monitors

1. Help with task bar customization on two monitors - Similar Threads - Help task bar

2. I have two monitors and lost main task bar with other display not showing any task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two monitors and lost main task bar with other display not showing any task bar: After a storm electrical glitch, my left display which had the full task bar with volume and other system icons lost the taskbar. As I tried to fix the problem with youtube videos, I got the taskbar on my right display 1 moved to the left display 2 but neither is the full...
  3. I have two monitors and lost main task bar with other display not showing any task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two monitors and lost main task bar with other display not showing any task bar: After a storm electrical glitch, my left display which had the full task bar with volume and other system icons lost the taskbar. As I tried to fix the problem with youtube videos, I got the taskbar on my right display 1 moved to the left display 2 but neither is the full...
  4. I have two monitors and lost main task bar with other display not showing any task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task bar customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar customization: Do we have to modify or add what we need in the following location highlighted in red? <CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection> <defaultlayout:TaskbarLayout> <taskbar:TaskbarPinList> <taskbar:UWA AppUserModelID="Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge" />...
  6. Task bar customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar customization: Do we have to modify or add what we need in the following location highlighted in red? <CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection> <defaultlayout:TaskbarLayout> <taskbar:TaskbarPinList> <taskbar:UWA AppUserModelID="Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge" />...
  7. Task bar customization

8. How to customize task bar?

How to customize task bar?: I want my battery icon on the taskbar. It was there then all the sudden, it's gone. I know it's something simple, I fixed it before. However, right now I'm hitting a brick wall. Help please. Simple directions. Thank you!...
  9. Two Task Bars & One is White - HELP

Two Task Bars & One is White - HELP: Hello, I have tried to figure out why I have two task bars and why one of them is white. PLEASE help me. This is driving me nuts and I just changed to a new job. I've never experienced this elsewhere. [IMG]...
  10. More custom layout on Task Bar

More custom layout on Task Bar: I use to put the Task Bar on the left of the desktop and strech it wider to see program titles on Task Bar. With a wider Task Bar, it can save more vertical space for program positions with more custom layout. (1) Custom date time. Now it is time then day of the week then...